996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Convertible Roll Bar options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 11:43 AM
X98boardwell is on a distinguished road
Convertible Roll Bar options?

Hello,

I am looking for roll bar options for my 04 TT convertible. I am aware of the factory spring loaded roll bar in case of a roll over but would like something there all the time for additional roll over protection and added look. Here is what I would like,

1) Would like it to astetically look good.. maybe wider at the top to add a more refined style rather than just round stock.
2) Would like to still put the rear seats down and access them for bags, luggage, etc. during traveling
3) I do not plan on tracking the car at all so this needs to be functional to protect the occupants but not so crazy with 12 different points of fixation to reduce body roll... this doesn't concern me since the car is already stiff enough for the intended use.
4) Would also need it to be a bolt in application so I can remove if needed rather than a welded in custom unit... which I'm guessing would be a more expensive project anyways.

Are there any options for what I'm looking for? I have searched on this site for any previous threads/posts but have been unlucky. Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,
Bryan

Old 09-11-2010, 01:00 PM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Sold this tequipment bar a few moons ago. You might be able to track one down but they are getting rare.

Attached Images   
Old 09-11-2010, 05:38 PM
I do like it

That would be about as flashy as I would allow. I may even powdercoat it black... thanks for the help. I will have a peak around for that model.

Any other options out there?

Bryan

Old 09-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
If interested, I have a techequipment roll bar listed in the classifieds.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 09-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Ok

PM sent John. Need your price and cost of shipping

Old 09-12-2010, 05:51 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Having a cage in your car without proper seats, harnesses, and helmets is actually more dangerous than staying stock. In an accident, you head now has MANY more things to hit. If you have all the other mentioned safety equipment, it works together to make the car safer. With just a cage, it will work against you.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Why

It would seem to me that it would offer more roll over protection and less likely for my head to hit the pavement. Since the roll bar is well behind the seat how would my head (worst case scenario.. it hurts I know) be in that area anyways? Unless the "roll bar" didn't do it's job and deformed tremendously that would be the only reason I could see that happening.

Anyone else have another roll bar option or educated thoughts on this issue? Thanks,

Bryan