Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

viewspeed horizontal vs vertical

Go to solution Solved by TheNoobPolice,

Hi its my first post here,

I know that viewspeed H is something like 4% slower than vertical but it feel better to track with.

Instructios tab is pretty unclear as to each viewspped is exact on the horizontal axis.

My question is: Is viewspeed vertical on the vertical axis (i am on 16:10) exact or is only viewspeed horizontal doing this?

Thanks 

Both are just arbitrary alternatives to a monitor distance barometer for the sens ratio you like across different FOVs

The difference between the two is that vertical is aspect ratio agnostic and similar to a 133% vertical monitor distance (so similar in fact, that it may as well not exist) and horizontal is more similar to around 60-odd percent screen distance horizontally at 16:9.

• Solution

Not sure what you mean by horizontally correct?

How could they be horizontally incorrect?

All monitor distance functions are effectively a hack to bridge the gap between perceived sensitivity changes and the factual maintaining of crosshair sensitivity (i.e focal length scaling), and viewspeed is just a calculation that arrives at a sensitivity value which could also be expressed as an equivalent monitor distance, only this "equivalent distance" just scales up or down slightly depending on the source and target FOV values.

Edited by TheNoobPolice