Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: Football in other countries:
La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 22, 2016, 5:47 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #1 of 134 (37156 views)
Shortcut
La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought I would set myself a little project of following a team from the First Round of the Coupe de France and seeing what route it would take me on the way to the Final at St-Denis.

In most regions, Round 2 is the starting point of the competition. I chose Picardie since it did have a few matches in Round 1. This round is described as �encadrage� which means �cropping� (as in a photo) and is effectively a preliminary round to get the numbers down to the requisite number for Round 2.

The first 6 rounds of the Coupe de France are organised by the regional Ligues. In the first two rounds the Ligues can organise fixtures as they see fit: by a draw or �aux choix�. From Round 3 there must be a draw: within each Ligue the draw can be made from a maximum of six regional grouping in Round 3, three in Round 4, two in Round 5, and one in Round 6. The dates of the earliest rounds may vary between regions.

The set-up in Picardie

In each region of France the Division d�Honneur (Level 6) is the top level. with clubs feeding into CFA2. The nomenclature of divisions varies between regions, but in Picardie, Promotion Honneur (two groups) is Level 7 and Promotion Interdistricts (3 groups) is Level 8.

Below Level 8 football takes place in District leagues. In Picardie there are three d�partements � Aisne, Oise and Somme and each one runs a District league system. I chose a match in Aisne. The District Aisne Footbal has 5 levels of football (therefore Levels 9-13 in the national pyramid. D�partementale 1 comprises one group, D�partementale 2 two groups, D�partementale 3 four groups, D�partementale 4 six groups and D�partementale 5 eight groups.

Round 1 � 21 August
Montescourt CS 1-1 FC Lesdins (5-3 penalties)

This was is my starting point.

Montescourt-Lizerolles is a village of around 1,600 people, located 20 km south of St Quentin, the largest town in Aisne. Lesdins is a village of under 1000 located 10 km north of St Quentin and 30 km from Montescourt.

Montescourt CS play at the Stade James Dupont*. They play in the lowest level of Aisne football � D�partementale 5 (Level 13) as do their reserve team(!) albeit in a different group.

FC Lesdins play in D�partementale 2 (Level 10). Their home is Stade Paul Hervois*.

The League season does not start in Aisne until 4 September so this was the first competitive game for both teams. Montescourt CS pulled off quite a shock in defeating a team three levels higher in the pyramid.

There were just 6 matches in Round 1. Round 2 in Picardie, to be played this coming weekend, has 86 matches. All surviving clubs from Division d�Honneur and below are involved.

Round 2 � 28 August
CS Montescourt (Aisne District, Departementale 5, Level 13) v Chauny US (Picardie, Promotion Honneur, Level 7)

to be continued

*see attachments (as for the team photo - don't ask!)
Attachments: cdfr1montescourt.jpg (165 KB)
  cdfr1lesdins.jpg (258 KB)
  cdlmontescourtteam.jpg (94.6 KB)

PaulC

Aug 25, 2016, 9:33 AM

Post #2 of 134 (36761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Round 2 � 28 August
CS Montescourt (Aisne District, Departementale 5, Level 13) v Chauny US (Picardie, Promotion Honneur, Level 7)

Chauny's preparations have been disrupted, with training sessions being cancelled because of the canicule currently gripping France.

As a friend famously said to me one summer in Provence, when the temperature hit 40C, "Ye cannae cool in a canicule."

PaulC

Aug 28, 2016, 8:50 PM

Post #3 of 134 (36481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Round 2 � 28 August
CS Montescourt (Aisne District, Departementale 5, Level 13) 1-3 US Chauny (Picardie, Promotion Honneur, Level 7)
Stade James Dupont

No surprise in Round 2, with the difference of 6 Levels far too much for CSM.

As dictated by the draw, this was another all-Aisne tie with the teams separated by no more than 20 kms. Chauny is a town of around 12,000 people some 25 km south of St Quentin.

The Coupe de France rules are very prescriptive. For example the pre-kick off protocol is:

ko -10 minutes - warm up ends and players leave pitch
ko -4 minutes - referees and players enter to whatever music the home club chooses. The players line up
ko -3 minutes - the official anthem of the CdF is played and the home team then sets off to shake hands with the officials and visiting team. Followed by the coin toss.
ko -2 minutes Official photo with the two teams and officials
ko -1 minute - the referee shakes hands with the coaches at the touchline

...and yet when it comes to the substitute rule, the various Ligues in Round 1 and 2 do their own thing - some allow substituted players to return, with up to three substitutes being allowed, and others don't allow substituted players to return.

In Round 3, Chauny are amongst the 86 Round 2 survivors who go into the draw with Picardie's CFA2 teams (level 5) (5 teams) and Division d'Honneur teams (Level 6) (11 teams). Ties will be played on 11 September.

PaulC

Aug 31, 2016, 6:15 PM

Post #4 of 134 (36292 views)
Shortcut

The Round 3 draw hasn't yet been made in Picardie. You can see here the full draw being made for Auvergne

http://www.sports-auvergne.fr/...r-live_12050682.html

The draw was made in 6 regional groups, which is the maximum allowed. Note that if there are two or more levels between teams drawn together the lower ranked team is the home team. For teams at the same level or separated by one level a team which won away in the previous round is given a home tie if it is drawn against a team which won at home in the previous round.

PaulC

Sep 3, 2016, 7:42 PM

Post #5 of 134 (35597 views)
Shortcut

Round 3 - 11 September
US Chauny (Picardie, Promotion d'Honneur Level 7) v CS Liancourt Rantigny(Picardie, Promotion d'Honneur Level 7)
Stade Joncourt, Chauny (d�partement de l'Aisne)

The Round 3 draw was published bythe Ligue de Picardie on Thursday evening, giving teams just 10 days notice. The draw for Picardie seems to be "all in" rather than being made on a geographic basis, but as chance would have it, the tie at Chauny will be a repeat of this weekend's league match!!!

Liancourt, with a population of just over 7000, lies between Beauvais and Compiegne, in the d�partement de l'Oise and is around 75 km from Chauny.

I am full of admiration for the organisation of the CdF yet some things strike me as being just bizarre. I had thought that "Round 1" played on 21 August was just that ... but there is more to it than meets the eye. I've discovered that around one hundred Round 1 ties were played in Picardie in June. It seems to me the half dozen games played on 21 August and described as "encadrage" were played in order to make the numbers "fit" the requirements of the draw. Quite why this wasn't taken into account in June I don't know - perhaps additional teams entered later.

I'm also puzzled as to how the Picardie section of the draw is going to work out. There are 51 Round 3 ties. CFA (Level 4) clubs should enter in Round 4 and National (Level 3) clubs should enter in Round 5. Now so far as I can see there is one CFA club in Picardie, AC Amiens, and one National club, FC Chambly.

So Round 4 51+1 clubs ... Round 5 26+1 clubs (Hmmm!). Last season 7 clubs qualified from Picardie after Round 6 which means there should be 28 clubs in Round 5. Perhaps I've missed a team!

(This post was edited by PaulC on Sep 3, 2016, 11:52 PM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Sep 3, 2016, 9:54 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #6 of 134 (35557 views)
Shortcut

Don't forget, Paul that not all second round games have yet been played, certainly Normandie is playing tomorrow, while I still believe the third round is next week.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

leohoenig
Administrator

Sep 4, 2016, 8:48 AM

Post #7 of 134 (35384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is the full regionalisation (i.e. Picardie) maintained up to round 6?
I know round 7/8 are also regionalised, except of course the special rules for Outre Mer (you have to volunteer to be in the Special draw), but this is much bigger areas than regions - maybe roughly equivalent to the groups of CFA?

I have seen Grenoble play in Marseille and Beauvais in Rouen as examples.

Incidentally, I am hoping to be in France for Round 7 this season

Fat AND Pompous.

PaulC

Sep 4, 2016, 9:04 AM

Post #8 of 134 (35377 views)
Shortcut

In the warm up to next weekend's Round 3 tie, Chauny defeated Liancourt 7-1 in yesterday's league match!

The first 6 rounds of the Coupe de France are regulated by the Ligues. The national committee of the CdF then takes over. Each ligue is charged with supplying an agreed number of qualifiers (totalling 145 in Metropolitan France) for Round 7.

Last season's totals are shown below (I see no reason to think they will have changed this season).

Ligue
Alsace - 9
Aquitaine - 6
Atlantique - 8
Auvergne - 5
Basse-Normandie - 4
Bourgogne - 4
Bretagne - 14
Centre-Val de Loire - 4
Centre-Ouest - 6
Corse - 2
Franche-Comt� - 3
Languedoc-Rousillion - 5
Lorraine - 8
Maine - 3
M�diterran�e - 5
Midi-Pyr�n�es - 6
Nord-Pas de Calais - 13
Champagne-Ardenne - 4
Normandie - 4
Paris-�le-de-France - 11
Picardie - 7
Rh�ne-Alpes - 14

In Round 7, these 145 qualifiers from Metropolitan France are joined by 11 Overseas qualifiers (Guyane, Martinique, Gaudeloupe, R�union 2 each, Tahiti, Nouvelle Cal�donie, Mayotte 1 each) and the 20 Ligue 2 clubs.

Barbie
First Team Regular

Sep 5, 2016, 9:16 AM

Team(s): Rye United RIP, Barry Town Utd

Post #9 of 134 (35096 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Round 3 - 11 September
US Chauny (Picardie, Promotion d'Honneur Level 7) v CS Liancourt Rantigny(Picardie, Promotion d'Honneur Level 7)

The Round 3 draw was published bythe Ligue de Picardie on Thursday evening, giving teams just 10 days notice. The draw for Picardie seems to be "all in" rather than being made on a geographic basis, but as chance would have it, the tie at Chauny will be a repeat of this weekend's league match!!!

Liancourt, with a population of just over 7000, lies between Beauvais and Compiegne, in the d�partement de l'Oise and is around 75 km from Chauny.

I am full of admiration for the organisation of the CdF yet some things strike me as being just bizarre. I had thought that "Round 1" played on 21 August was just that ... but there is more to it than meets the eye. I've discovered that around one hundred Round 1 ties were played in Picardie in June. It seems to me the half dozen games played on 21 August and described as "encadrage" were played in order to make the numbers "fit" the requirements of the draw. Quite why this wasn't taken into account in June I don't know - perhaps additional teams entered later.

I'm also puzzled as to how the Picardie section of the draw is going to work out. There are 51 Round 3 ties. CFA (Level 4) clubs should enter in Round 4 and National (Level 3) clubs should enter in Round 5. Now so far as I can see there is one CFA club in Picardie, AC Amiens, and one National club, FC Chambly.

So Round 4 51+1 clubs ... Round 5 26+1 clubs (Hmmm!). Last season 7 clubs qualified from Picardie after Round 6 which means there should be 28 clubs in Round 5. Perhaps I've missed a team!

I think I've spotted the gap.... Can't find CFA2 clubs Tourcoing or St Ouen in the draw (though Beauvais and Roye-Noyon are there).
If these two join at round 4, then you have 51+3. Leaving 27+1 for round 5.

PaulC

Sep 5, 2016, 9:43 AM

Post #10 of 134 (35085 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barbie] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Round 3 - 11 September

I think I've spotted the gap.... Can't find CFA2 clubs Tourcoing or St Ouen in the draw (though Beauvais and Roye-Noyon are there).
If these two join at round 4, then you have 51+3. Leaving 27+1 for round 5.

I thought you'd cracked it there, but Tourcoing are from Nord-Pas de Calais and St Ouen l'Aumone from PAris-Ile de France.

Checking the draws, Nord-Pas de Calais only held Round 2 last weekend and are due to play Round 3 this coming weekend. The draw is being made on Wednesday! Tourcoing should be in it. St Ouen are in the Round 3 draw in Paris Ile de France.

Chris1963

Sep 5, 2016, 9:10 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #11 of 134 (34986 views)
Shortcut

Did you travel to Montescourt for their first two games, or just the first one? (I note you've included photo of the ground, so I presume you attended at least the first one.)

PaulC

Sep 5, 2016, 11:56 PM

Post #12 of 134 (34939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Did you travel to Montescourt for their first two games, or just the first one? (I note you've included photo of the ground, so I presume you attended at least the first one.)

Oh, neither. I'm merely following it all from the comfort of my armchair and computer!

PaulC

Sep 9, 2016, 12:35 PM

Post #13 of 134 (34182 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Round 3 - 11 September

This match is now being played on Saturday with an 8pm kick off. Just one of three cup ties in Picardie being played on Saturday - with the other two kicking off at 5 and 5.30.

The information sheet for Round 3 in Picardie states the minimum admission charge is 4 euros (3 euros in the previous round). This must be Ligue specific since in other regions the charge is 5 euros. The substitution rule is uniform in this round - substituted players no longer allowed to return.

In Round 3 the home team is responsible for all referees' expenses. If there is a profit on the match it is shared 40% home team, 40% away team, 20% to the Ligue. A deficit is shared equally by the two teams. I suspect this is also Ligue specific since I have seen other Ligues stating that travel expenses of the visiting club should also be taken into account before sharing out any profit.

PaulC

Sep 11, 2016, 11:43 AM

Post #14 of 134 (33846 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barbie] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Round 3 - 10 September, 8pm
US Chauny (Picardie, Promotion d'Honneur Level 7) 4-1 CS Liancourt Rantigny (Picardie, Promotion d'Honneur Level 7)

Match poster

Chauny came from behind to beat Liancourt comfortably (for the second time in a week) and progress to Round 4. Liancourt had reached Round 3 by winning 3-0 at AS Silly-le-Long (Oise Departementale 3, Level 11) in the previous round.

Post-match celebrations

A Google Earth streetview look over the wall at Stade Joncourt

In Round 4 in Picardie this weekend's 51 winners with be joined by AC Amiens from CFA (Level 4).

By my calculations, throughout France this weekend, 2148 teams will be involved in 1074 ties - give or take a few Round 2 disputes still to be settled.

Progression:
COMPETITION ADMINISTERED BY LIGUES
Round 3 1074 v 1074
Round 4 562 v 562 (1074 winners plus 50 CFA)
Round 5 290 v 290 (562 winners plus 18 National)
Round 6 145 v 145
-------------------------------------------------------
FEDERAL COMPETITION
Round 7 88 v 88 (145 winners + 11 Outre-Mer + 20 Ligue 2)

PaulC

Sep 15, 2016, 9:18 PM

Post #15 of 134 (32751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Is the full regionalisation (i.e. Picardie) maintained up to round 6?
I know round 7/8 are also regionalised, except of course the special rules for Outre Mer (you have to volunteer to be in the Special draw), but this is much bigger areas than regions - maybe roughly equivalent to the groups of CFA?

I have seen Grenoble play in Marseille and Beauvais in Rouen as examples.

Incidentally, I am hoping to be in France for Round 7 this season

Yes the draw operates at Ligue level up to an including Round 6.

As I suspected it looks like there has been a glitch in Picardie. The Round 4 draw had just been made. There were 51 Round 3 winners to be joined by one exempt CFA club in Round 4. This would have meant 26 qualifiers for Round 5 to be joined by one National club. It wasn't going to work!

So, in Round 4 there will be 25 ties with two byes! The 27 teams entering Round 5 will be joined by the one National club producing Picardie's 14 qualifiers for Round 6.

PaulC

Sep 16, 2016, 8:13 PM

Post #16 of 134 (32356 views)
Shortcut

Round 4 - September 25, 3pm
SAS Mo�-de-l'Aisne (Promotion Interdistricts, Picardie, Level 8) v US Chauny (Promotion d'Honneur, Picardie, Level 7)
Stade Roquet-Seret, Mo�-de-l'Aisne

The Round 4 draw in Picardie was made on Thursday evening in the Volkswagen showrooms in Amiens. VW are one of the competition's main sponsors. From Round 4 onwards, all clubs must display on their shirts the logos of the Coupe de France's sponsors and full sets of shirts are distributed by the FFF, courtesy of Nike, to all clubs remaining in the competition. In Round 4 an appropriate home or away set is given to each club and those progressing to Round 5 receive a second set.

In Picardie, the distribution of the 50 clubs (plus 2 byes) in Round 4 is:

Level 4 CFA - 1
Level 5 CFA2 - 5
Level 6 Division d' Honneur - 7
Level 7 Promotion d'Honneur - 12
Level 8 Promotion Interdistrict - 10
Level 9 Departemental 1 - 10
Level 10 Departemental 2 - 3
Level 11 Departemental 3 - 3
Level 12 Departemental 4 - 1

Mo�-de-l'Aisne is not much more than a village, with a population around 1000. It is located around 25 km from Chauny so this will a derby. In Picardie there are three groups at Promotion Interdistrict level and SASM's website shows that even at this level some substantial journeys are involved in the league campaign of 11 away fixtures, with two return journeys of over 300 kms and another three over 200 kms.

The Soci�t� Athl�tique et Sportive de Mo�-de-l'Aisne was formed in 1925 as a gymnastics club, affiliating to the FFF in 1930.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Sep 16, 2016, 8:28 PM)

PaulC

Sep 18, 2016, 12:40 PM

Post #17 of 134 (31755 views)
Shortcut

Complete video of the Round 4 draw in Picardie, with the usual combination of Gallic bureaucracy and chaos. They admit to "a little error", hence the two exemptions in this round. CFA/CFA2 clubs were not in the draw for the two exemptions since they entered after the error had been made.

As you can see, the tops donated to all clubs are basic red/ white/ green/ blue/ yellow with sponsor logos.

Draw starts at 15 mins - a nice round of applause for "le petit poucet" - Level 12 FC M�zi�res sur oise.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Sep 18, 2016, 12:42 PM)

Mek
First Team Star

Sep 18, 2016, 11:50 PM

Team(s):

Post #18 of 134 (31581 views)
Shortcut

http://sasm.footeo.com/...otos/3?sf_culture=de
Pic of SAS Moy's ground. Looks very neat and tidy.

PaulC

Sep 19, 2016, 8:04 AM

Post #19 of 134 (31409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mek] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
http://sasm.footeo.com/...otos/3?sf_culture=de
Pic of SAS Moy's ground. Looks very neat and tidy.

Yes, most grounds at minor level look well looked after - presumably by the local council. The other thing that strikes me is how virtually every club is one of many teams playing at different levels in the pyramid and with many junior sides ... and many are multi-sport too.

Mo�-de-l'Aisne (who knew you could have a diaerisis on a 'y' in French?) has a population of around 1,000 yet the club runs three senior teams - at Levels 8, 11 and 12 along with Under 18, Under 15, 2x Under 13, Under 11 and Under 9 teams.

PaulC

Sep 20, 2016, 8:50 AM

Post #20 of 134 (30969 views)
Shortcut

The final Ligue to make the draw for this weekend's Round 4 was Aquitaine - the draw was made last night (Monday).

I've collated the various draws and it all seems to make sense. It looks like the Ligues really will supply the 145 clubs for Federal Round 7 (where they are joined by 11 Overseas teams and 20 Ligue 2 sides).

See attachment for complete Round 4 draw (the random formatting is as copied from Ligue websites)

(This post was edited by PaulC on Sep 20, 2016, 10:23 AM)
Attachments: coupe de france4.pdf (205 KB)

PaulC

Sep 22, 2016, 11:12 AM

Post #21 of 134 (30139 views)
Shortcut

Fixture list and venues for Round 4 in Picardie.

Colours to be worn (strips distributed by FFF)

PaulC

Sep 25, 2016, 9:12 PM

Post #22 of 134 (29854 views)
Shortcut

Round 4 - 25 September, 3pm
SAS Mo�-de-l'Aisne (Promotion Interdistricts, Picardie, Level 8) 1-2 US Chauny (Promotion d'Honneur, Picardie, Level 7)
Stade Roquet-Seret, Mo�-de-l'Aisne

This Aisne derby was marred by a very serious leg injury to Chauny midfielder Audric Topornicki. The match was held up for some 45 minutes as les pompiers were sent for and their vehicle came onto the pitch to remove the stricken player.

The incident happened in the 30th minute with the score 0-0. The SASM player involved was red carded.

Chauny went ahead with a penalty in the 60th minute but 10-man Mo� equalised in the 89th only for the visitors to book their Fifth Round spot with a 90+1 minute winner.

Chauny progress to Round 5 where they will be joined by 27 other Picardie clubs. The draw in Picardie takes place on Wednesday evening in the Salle des F�tes at Guignicourt.

US Chauny celebrate their victory

(This post was edited by PaulC on Sep 25, 2016, 9:37 PM)

PaulC

Sep 26, 2016, 9:20 AM

Post #23 of 134 (29710 views)
Shortcut

Picardie qualifiers for Round 5 of the Coupe de France

Level 3 (1) - National - FC Chambly Oise.

Level 4 (1) - CFA - Amiens AC.

Level 5 - (5) CFA2 - AS Beauvais Oise, US Municipale Senlis, Olympique St Quentinois, FC Ailly-sur-Somme Samara, US Roye Noyon Coeur de Picardie.

Level 6 - (4) Division d'Honneur - US de Chantilly, AFC Compiegne, AS de Pays Neslois, SC Abbeville Cote Picarde.

Level 7 - (7) Promotion d'Honneur - Inter CS du Crecois, ES Cheminots Longueau, US Etouy, US Pont Ste Maxence, US Guignicourt, US St Maximin, US Chauny.

Level 8 - (5) Promotion Interdistricts - AS Gamaches, JS Quevauvillers, FC Porto Portugais Amiens, US Ent St Leu d'Esserent, (CS Chaumont-en-Vexin OR Amicale des Anciens Eleves de Chaulnes).

Level 9 - (5) Departemental 1 - US Estrees St Denis, FC de Bethisy, Stade Ressontois, Grandvilliers AC, USR St Crepin Ibouvillers.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Sep 26, 2016, 9:21 AM)

PaulC

Sep 27, 2016, 4:38 PM

Post #24 of 134 (29250 views)
Shortcut

The Coupe de France Round 5 draw in Picardie will be shown live on the Ligue de Picardie facebook page tomorrow (Wednesday) starting at 6pm BST.

https://www.facebook.com/LiguePicardieFootball/

I see that following the formal agreement to merge the Ligues of Picardie and Nord-Pas de Calais the facebook page is already heading on the Facebook page as "Ligue des Hauts de France de Football - Antenne Picardie"

Antenne Picardie = Picardy branch/office

(This post was edited by PaulC on Sep 27, 2016, 4:41 PM)

PaulC

Sep 28, 2016, 6:56 PM

Post #25 of 134 (28920 views)
Shortcut

The draw in Picardie has just been completed - it was run very efficiently too!

Coupe de France - Round 5
9 October, 3 pm
US Chauny (Promotion d'Honneur, Level 7) v SC Abbeville (Division d'Honneur,, Level 6)
Stade L�o Lagrange, Chauny

For the first time Chauny will be the underdogs, although they also get to play at home for the first time.

The full draw in Picardie:

http://picardie.fff.fr/...me_tour_picardie.pdf

PaulC

Oct 1, 2016, 8:24 AM

Post #26 of 134 (32999 views)
Shortcut

One Round 4 tie was postponed in Picardie - CS Chaumont-en-Vexin v AAE Chaulnes.

As the local paper put it "The grass pitch hadn't been prepared - notably, it lacked goal posts".

The synthetic next door couldn't be used because the visitors had not arrived equipped for such a surface.

Et alors!

The details of the delay in the Round 2 tie between Margny and Paillart were also described:

28 August. Match abandoned by the referee after "clashes" between the two teams. Margny furthermore claim one of the Paillart players was already suspended.

1 September. Both teams appear before the "commission juridique" of the Ligue de Picardie to give evidence.

2 September. Margny and Paillart both appear in the Round 3 draw.

6 September. Margny are awarded the tie because of the ineligibility of a Paillart player - but the tie remains subject to ongoing disciplinary procedures arising from the fighting.

11 September. Round 3 goes ahead but the tie between Nesles and Margny doesn't go ahead.

15 September Round 4 draw is made

17 September. The disciplinary committee deliberates on the fighting.

Monday 19 September. The committee finds Paillart the guilty party. Margny's qualification is confirmed. The Ligue ask AFC Compiegne for use of their ground on Wednesday to play the Margny-Mesles match since it has suitable floodlighting. Compiegne pass on the request to "la mairie" (the ground being municipally owned).

Tueday 20 September. 10 am La Mairie says "non". Margny are asked to play the game on their own unfloodlit ground at 5.30. They refuse saying all their team will be working. Nesles see if they can use the floodlit ground at Roye-Noyon - without success. The Ligue "threaten" to postpone the tie until Sunday, triggering a postponement of the Round 4 tie.

2 pm Margny make an appeal to "la mairie". La mairie says "Oui".

21 September Nesles beat Margny 3-1 at Compiegne

PaulC

Oct 1, 2016, 8:24 AM

Post #27 of 134 (32999 views)
Shortcut

One Round 4 tie was postponed in Picardie - CS Chaumont-en-Vexin v AAE Chaulnes.

As the local paper put it "The grass pitch hadn't been prepared - notably, it lacked goal posts".

The synthetic next door couldn't be used because the visitors had not arrived equipped for such a surface.

Et alors!

The details of the delay in the Round 2 tie between Margny and Paillart were also described:

28 August. Match abandoned by the referee after "clashes" between the two teams. Margny furthermore claim one of the Paillart players was already suspended.

1 September. Both teams appear before the "commission juridique" of the Ligue de Picardie to give evidence.

2 September. Margny and Paillart both appear in the Round 3 draw.

6 September. Margny are awarded the tie because of the ineligibility of a Paillart player - but the tie remains subject to ongoing disciplinary procedures arising from the fighting.

11 September. Round 3 goes ahead but the tie between Nesles and Margny doesn't go ahead.

15 September Round 4 draw is made

17 September. The disciplinary committee deliberates on the fighting.

Monday 19 September. The committee finds Paillart the guilty party. Margny's qualification is confirmed. The Ligue ask AFC Compiegne for use of their ground on Wednesday to play the Margny-Mesles match since it has suitable floodlighting. Compiegne pass on the request to "la mairie" (the ground being municipally owned).

Tueday 20 September. 10 am La Mairie says "non". Margny are asked to play the game on their own unfloodlit ground at 5.30. They refuse saying all their team will be working. Nesles see if they can use the floodlit ground at Roye-Noyon - without success. The Ligue "threaten" to postpone the tie until Sunday, triggering a postponement of the Round 4 tie.

2 pm Margny make an appeal to "la mairie". La mairie says "Oui".

21 September Nesles beat Margny 3-1 at Compiegne

PaulC

Oct 3, 2016, 9:16 PM

Post #28 of 134 (32759 views)
Shortcut

The final Regional draw (Ligue M�diterran�e) for Round 5 was made earlier this evening, five days ahead of the weekend's matches.

The full draw of 290 ties is attached.

Chauny's opponents on Sunday, SC Abbeville (Sunday name: Sporting Club Abbeville C�te Picarde) have a history dating back to 1902. They reached their zenith during the 1980s when they played in the Division 2 (then comprising two regional groups), the second level of French football.

Through most of the 2000s they played in CFA2 but since 2008 they have been in Picardie's Division d'Honneur. Their ground, Stade Paul Delique has a most beautiful entrance arch:

https://www.dropbox.com/...t/abbeville.jpg?dl=0

US Chauny have also played at a higher level. They played a single season, 2009-10 in CFA2. They were relegated from Picardie's Division d'Honneur at the end of last season.

Et alors!

This match was rescheduled for yesterday (Sunday) at Chaumont. Chaulnes didn't turn up since they had already lodged an appeal.

A commission is meeting this evening to make a judgment on their appeal. A second commission will meet later in the week to consider Chaulnes non-appearance yesterday.

!!!!!

(This post was edited by PaulC on Oct 3, 2016, 9:45 PM)
Attachments: coupe de francer5.pdf (221 KB)

PaulC

Oct 4, 2016, 5:10 PM

Post #29 of 134 (32601 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Et alors!

This match was rescheduled for yesterday (Sunday) at Chaumont. Chaulnes didn't turn up since they had already lodged an appeal.

A commission is meeting this evening to make a judgment on their appeal. A second commission will meet later in the week to consider Chaulnes non-appearance yesterday.

!!!!!

The commission upheld the decision to re-arrange the tie for last Sunday and because of Chaulnes' non-appearance in the re-arranged match they have been thrown out of the competition and CS Chaumont will visit US St Maximin on Sunday for the 5th Round tie.

PaulC

Oct 9, 2016, 8:53 PM

Post #30 of 134 (32332 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France - Round 5
9 October, 3 pm
US Chauny (Promotion d'Honneur, Level 7) 1-0 SC Abbeville (Division d'Honneur, Level 6)
Parc Joncourt, Chauny

US Chauny completed their first giant-killing exploit of this season's tournament when they defeated SC Abbeville from the Division d'Honneur by a single goal at Parc Joncourt Google earth street view. They progress to Round 6 - the final round administered by the Ligues.

Post-match celebrations

In Picardie, the draw for Round 6 will be made on Wednesday evening in Senlis. Picardie's 14 qualifiers for the 6th round are:

Level 3 National: FC Chambly Oise.

Level 4 CFA: none (Picardie's only CFA club, AC Amiens, were beaten on penalties by Chantilly).

Level 5 CFA2: Olympique St Quentin, US Roye Noyon Coeur de Picardie, US Municipale Senlis, AS Beauvais Oise

Level 6 Division d'Honneur: US de Chantilly, AFC Compi�gne

Level 7 Promotion d'Honneur: US Chauny, US St Maximin, ICS du Cr��ois, ES Cheminots Longueau, US Guignicourt

Level 8 Promotion Interdistricts: USE St Leu d'Esserent

Level 9 - Departemental 1, District de l'Oise: Stade Ressons-sur-Matz

PaulC

Oct 10, 2016, 8:13 PM

Post #31 of 134 (31831 views)
Shortcut

Full results of the Coupe de France Round 5 in all regions are attached.
Attachments: coupe de franceres5.pdf (235 KB)

Mek
First Team Star

Oct 10, 2016, 11:36 PM

Team(s):

Post #32 of 134 (31709 views)
Shortcut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h5pj4FIkLE

Highlights of the Chauny - Abbeville game (courtesy of Abbeville Youtube)

PaulC

Oct 11, 2016, 12:13 AM

Post #33 of 134 (31676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mek] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h5pj4FIkLE

Highlights of the Chauny - Abbeville game (courtesy of Abbeville Youtube)

Ah excellent! A good find.

PaulC

Oct 12, 2016, 10:53 PM

Post #34 of 134 (29041 views)
Shortcut

The Round 6 draw in Picardie.

US Guignicourt (7) - US Chauny (7)
US Saint-Maximin (7) - US Chantilly (6)
Olympique de Saint-Quentin (5) - FC Chambly Oise (3)
Stade Ressons-sur-Matz (9) - AFC Compi�gne (6)
Inter Club Sportif de Crecois (7) - US Roye-Noyon Coeur de Picardie (5)
US Municipale Senlis (5) - AS Beauvais Oise (5)
US Entente Saint-Leu-d�Esserent 8) - Etoile Sportive des Cheminots de Longueau (7)

PaulC

Oct 15, 2016, 9:32 PM

Post #35 of 134 (25338 views)
Shortcut

Here's the full Round 6 draw for Metropolitan France. I've tried to untangle the web of club initials!

https://www.dropbox.com/...E%20FRANCE6.pdf?dl=0

There are 145 ties, The winners are joined by the 20 Ligue 2 clubs and 11 Overseas clubs in Federal Round 7

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 16, 2016, 9:54 AM

Post #36 of 134 (24827 views)
Shortcut

If nothing has changed since last season, the 11 Outre Mer clubs are one each from New Caledonia, Tahiti and Mayotte, two from French Guiana, Martinique, Reunion and Guadeloupe. .

For territories with two representatives, one will play at home, and one in Metropolitan (i.e mainland, which includes Corsica) France. For the others, I believe it is rotated home and away, so the club from Tahiti will visit the mainland, and those from New Caledonia and Mayotte will have home ties. This fits my experience in so far as I have seen AS Tefana (Tahiti) play at Colmar (2008) and Noisy-le-Sec (2014), while in 2009 I saw a club from Mayotte at Quevilly. My fourth experience was also in 2008, when I saw AS Jeanne D'Arc le Port of Renuion playing at St. Louis Neuweg

Five of the territories have quick links from the FFF web site
Guadeloupe.
The matches are shown as
PHARE DU CANAL / USBM
le 21 octobre � 20h au stade Roger ZAMI du Gosier

USR / CSM
le 22 octobre � 20h au stade Fiesque DUCHESNE de Baie-Mahault

I am not translating initials, but I guess that CSM is CS Moulien who qualified last time, losing in Mulhouse.

Martinique:
Le Mardi 18/10/2016 � 20h au stade Georges GRATIANT du Lamentin : CLUB-COLONIAL / GOLDEN-LION,
Le Mercredi 19/10/2016 � 20h au stade Pierre ALIKER de FdeF : CLUB-FRANCISCAIN / NEW-STAR.

Golden Lion qualified last year and played at home to Noisy-le-Sec (winning on penalties), they went out as Besancon in round 8

French Guiana:
The website shows four matches this weekend in round 5

Reunion
I believe that l'AS EXCELSIOR and JS SAINT PIERROISE. They play a local final on 23 October.

Excelsior played in last season's competition, beating Poissy at home in Round 7, and losing at AC Ajaccio in Round 8. Sainte-Marienne, the other reunion qualifyer last season, lost in the round of 32, at GFCO Ajaccio

Mayotte:
I can't find much for this one, my presumption is that the Coupe de France Regional is used. This played quarter-finals in June, but no sign of later rounds.

New Caledonia:
The prize goes to the winner of the Coupe de Caledonie.
AS Magenta won the first semi-final by 1-0 against AS Lossi, Hienghene play Horizon Patho in the other game. Final is next weekend.
Hienghene qualified last season and lost 3-2 at Epernay

Thaiti
I have trouble confirming this one, but I think the qualifyer may be Dragon, who beat AS Venus by 3-2 in the final of the Coupe de Tahiti Nui back in March. Dragon also won the Coupe de Champions

Fat AND Pompous.

PaulC

Oct 16, 2016, 10:10 AM

Post #37 of 134 (24805 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Mayotte:
I can't find much for this one, my presumption is that the Coupe de France Regional is used. This played quarter-finals in June, but no sign of later rounds.

The final was played yesterday

FC M'TSAPERE 3-0 FC LABATTOIR

Report and photos

http://lejournaldemayotte.com/...-france-de-football/

Yes, I believe the Coupe de Tahiti Nui winners qualify for the CdF - AS Dragon.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Oct 16, 2016, 10:24 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 16, 2016, 11:08 AM

Post #38 of 134 (24760 views)
Shortcut

The Wiki page also mentions Saint Martin as a territory whose teams can qualify. They said this for last season as well. I know no Saint Martin team was in the draw, but do they get the chance - possibly by inclusion in Guadeloupe competitions?

Fat AND Pompous.

PaulC

Oct 16, 2016, 11:27 AM

Post #39 of 134 (24736 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France Round 6 - Sunday 3 October, 3pm

US Guignicourt (Ligue de Picardie, Promotion d'Honneur, Level 7) v US Chauny (Ligue de Picardie, Promotion d'Honneur, Level 7)
Stade Ren� Masclaux, Guignicourt.

US Chauny make a 50 mile trip to Guignicourt for an all-Aisne encounter in Round 6 of the Coupe de France.

Guignicourt has a population of a little over 2,000 - club motto: "Un village, un club, un projet". Stade Ren� Masclaux looks a fairly basic ground with a synthetic pitch.

https://www.dropbox.com/...guignicourt.jpg?dl=0

It is a club on the up and has enjoyed several promotions in recent years. Last season they won the Coupe de Picardie.

Despite the small size of Guignicourt the club runs 3 senior sides, 2 Sunday morning teams, and Under-18 -15 -13 -12 -11 -10 -8/9 and -5/6/7 sides

PaulC

Oct 16, 2016, 11:32 AM

Post #40 of 134 (24732 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The Wiki page also mentions Saint Martin as a territory whose teams can qualify. They said this for last season as well. I know no Saint Martin team was in the draw, but do they get the chance - possibly by inclusion in Guadeloupe competitions?

...and there's a Ligue de St Pierre & Miquelon which, according to Wiki, boasted 3 teams in 2012 and is affiliated to the FFF. The clubs appear to play in Newfoundland competitions.

PaulC

Oct 22, 2016, 10:09 AM

Post #41 of 134 (20144 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
French Guiana:
The website shows four matches this weekend in round 5

Guyane has got a bit of a shift on. Round 5 was played on 15 October and Round 6 on 20 October. The two qualifiers are

US Matoury
Le Geldar de Kourou.

In Martinique, Golden Lion and Club Franciscain have qualified.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Oct 22, 2016, 10:12 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 22, 2016, 10:21 AM

Post #42 of 134 (20135 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Martinique:
Le Mardi 18/10/2016 � 20h au stade Georges GRATIANT du Lamentin : CLUB-COLONIAL / GOLDEN-LION,
Le Mercredi 19/10/2016 � 20h au stade Pierre ALIKER de FdeF : CLUB-FRANCISCAIN / NEW-STAR.

Golden Lion qualified last year and played at home to Noisy-le-Sec (winning on penalties), they went out as Besancon in round 8

The results from Martinique
Club Colonial 0-2 Golden Star
Club Franciscain 4-1 New Star

Fat AND Pompous.

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 22, 2016, 10:50 AM

Post #43 of 134 (20125 views)
Shortcut

I also see a result of Phare du Canal 1-0 USMB on Guadeloupe,

Hence to date
1. Guadeloupe: Phare du Canal
2. Guadeloupe: USR or CSM
3. Martinique: Golden Lion
4. Martinique: Club Franciscain
5. Guiana: US Matoury
6. Guiana: Le Geldar de Kourou.
7. Reunion: AS Excelsior
8. Reunion: JS Saint Pierroise
9. Mayotte: FC M'Tsapere
10. Tahiti: AS Dragon
11. New Caledonia: As Magenta or Hiengh�ne Sport

The last two qualifiers from Outre Mer will be known today

I am expecting five of these to play in mainland France, one from each territory with two entrants, plus AS Dragon

Fat AND Pompous.

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Oct 22, 2016, 10:52 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 22, 2016, 11:13 AM

Post #44 of 134 (20108 views)
Shortcut

The seventh round draw will be streamed live by FFF, on Thursday at 11.15 (French time).
The Outre mer draw, as normal takes place on the day before the main draw, so this will be on Wednesday at 16.30 (that is also French time).

I will not be able to watch - because I'll be in France at the timeTongue

Fat AND Pompous.

dottirofhod

Oct 22, 2016, 11:37 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #45 of 134 (20098 views)
Shortcut

=====================================================================

Visited Golden Lion for a league game last January , their home in St Joseph is 8 miles North of Fort de France.

Normal stadium Henri Murano very poor , usually play Cup ganes at Stade Pierre Aliker in Fort , a modern stadium with a good capacity.

There weren't many at the league game but apparently all the island (?) were there for the Noissy le Sec game.

======================================================================

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

PaulC

Oct 22, 2016, 7:45 PM

Post #46 of 134 (20031 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I also see a result of Phare du Canal 1-0 USMB on Guadeloupe,

Hence to date
1. Guadeloupe: Phare du Canal
2. Guadeloupe: USR or CSM
4. Martinique: Club Franciscain
5. Guiana: US Matoury
6. Guiana: Le Geldar de Kourou.
7. Reunion: AS Excelsior
8. Reunion: JS Saint Pierroise
9. Mayotte: FC M'Tsapere
10. Tahiti: AS Dragon
11. New Caledonia: As Magenta or Hiengh�ne Sport

The last two qualifiers from Outre Mer will be known today

I am expecting five of these to play in mainland France, one from each territory with two entrants, plus AS Dragon

The New Caledonia federation site states confidently that today's winners will play their Round 7 match on Saturday 12 November at Stade Numa Daly in Noum�a.

EDIT

AS Magenta qualify for Round 7 having won the Coupe de Cal�donie on penalties.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Oct 22, 2016, 11:56 PM)

PaulC

Oct 23, 2016, 6:20 PM

Post #47 of 134 (19881 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

AS Magenta qualify for Round 7 having won the Coupe de Cal�donie on penalties.

Crowd: 6000

I look forward to seeing a video of this.

According to reports Heinghene went 2-1 up with 5 minutes remaining. Whilst their players were still celebrating the goal and were out of position the referee blew for the restart and Magenta scored directly from the kick-off.

PaulC

Oct 23, 2016, 8:41 PM

Post #48 of 134 (19849 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France Round 6 - Sunday 3 October, 3pm

US Guignicourt 1-2 US Chauny aet
Stade Ren� Masclaux, Guignicourt.

US Chauny reach Round 7 and are the sole survivor from the Aisne d�partement. They went behind in the 11th minute but goals in the 82nd and 98th minute were enough to earn them a place in Federal Round 7.

The seven Picardie clubs to have qualified for Round 7 are:

US Chauny (Level 7)
US Roye Noyon (Level 5)
FC Chambly Oise (Level 3)
AS Beauvais Oise (Level 5)
US St Maximin (Level 7)
ES Cheminots Longueau (Level 7)
AFC Compiegne (Level 6)

they join Amiens SC (Level 2) who are exempt until Round 7.

As Leo has already mentioned, the Round 7 draw will be made at the FFF HQ in two parts

Wednesday 3.30 pm (BST) - the draw involving the 11 overseas teams.

Thursday 10.05 (BST) - the draw involving the remaining 154 teams. It is being broadcast live at https://www.fff.fr/...?themePath=coupes-1/

PaulC

Oct 24, 2016, 9:50 AM

Post #49 of 134 (19768 views)
Shortcut

All the Round 6 results

https://www.dropbox.com/...NCE6results.pdf?dl=0

And here's the rather (!) controversial goal in the final of the Coupe de Caledonie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ex7uvYmJ2I

The commentator says that in Round 7 ASM will play a team from the CFA. Dunno how he knows that.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Oct 24, 2016, 11:32 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 24, 2016, 11:18 AM

Post #50 of 134 (19749 views)
Shortcut

CS Moulien are included on the list as the last of the Outre Mer qualifyers.
They beat USR 3-1 aet to earn their place in next month's seventh round

Fat AND Pompous.

PaulC

Oct 24, 2016, 11:33 AM

Post #51 of 134 (23725 views)
Shortcut

The lowest ranked teams reaching Round 7 play at Level 10

FC Dahlenheim - Alsace - Bas Rhin, Promotion A, Poule C

Dahlenheim celebrating victory amongst the vinyards of Alsace

ASPTT Brest - Bretagne - Promotion d'Honneur, Poule A

AS Steenvoorde - Nord-Pas de Calais - District Maritime Nord, Excellence

PaulC

Oct 26, 2016, 12:03 AM

Post #52 of 134 (23532 views)
Shortcut

The Round 7 draw will be transmitted live at 10.05 BST on Thursday

http://www.dailymotion.com/...age-du-7e-tour_sport

The draw involving the Overseas clubs is also being transmitted - probably the same link. It is being held on Wednesday at 3.30 pm BST.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Oct 26, 2016, 12:05 AM)

PaulC

Oct 26, 2016, 4:02 PM

Post #53 of 134 (23460 views)
Shortcut

Round 7 draw for ties involving Outre-Mer clubs

15 metropolitan clubs volunteered to take on an overseas team. All the metropolitan clubs were from National, CFA or CFA2.

The 5 overseas clubs to host matches and the 6 to travel were identified before the draw. The 15 metropolitan clubs went into one pot and there were separate pots for home and away overseas clubs

ASM Belfort FC (National) v Phare du Canal (DH Guadeloupe)
CS Moulien (DH Guadeloupe) v Fleury FC 91 (CFA)
ASC Le Geldar de Kourou (DH Guyane) v SC Selong�en (CFA 2)
FC Mulhouse (CFA) v US Matoury (DH Guyane)
Le Club Franciscain (DH Martinique) v FC Lun�ville (CFA 2)
Tarbes Pyr�n�es Football (CFA) v Le Golden Lion (DH Martinique)
Rodez Aveyron Football (CFA) v Mtsapere FC (DH Mayotte)
JS St Pierroise (DH La R�union) v Ste Genevi�ve Sports (CFA 2)
Avoine OL Chinon Cinais (CFA 2) v AS Excelsior (DH La R�union)
US Avranches MSM (National) v AS Dragon (DH Polyn�sie)
AS Magenta or Hienghene Sport (DH Nouvelle-Cal�donie) v FC Pau (National)

Not surprisingly (see video above) Hienghene have appealed against the refereeing of their tie with AS Magenta.

The four metropolitan clubs who missed out were Stade Montois (CFA), S�nart Moissy (CFA 2), AS Beauvais (CFA 2) and Ent. Feignies Aulnoye FC (CFA 2). They go into tomorrow morning's draw for the remaining Round 7 ties

Chris1963

Oct 26, 2016, 10:05 PM

Post #54 of 134 (23382 views)
Shortcut

See my WDYG report for Sunday 23rd October if interested (Sorry the tie I attended wasn't in Picardy)

PaulC

Oct 26, 2016, 11:51 PM

Post #55 of 134 (23343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
See my WDYG report for Sunday 23rd October if interested (Sorry the tie I attended wasn't in Picardy)

Excellent!

I'd missed your report in WDYG.

PaulC

Oct 27, 2016, 12:07 PM

Post #56 of 134 (23247 views)
Shortcut

In Round 7 US Chauny have been drawn at home to Jeanne d'Arc Drancy - a Paris club playing at Level 4 (CFA).

For the minnows (les petits poucets,) playing at level 10, the draw resulted as follows

ASPTT Brest v Stade Brest (Level 2)
AS Steenvoorde v US Maubeuge (Level 5)
SR Kaysersberg (Level 9) v FC Dahlenheim

The draw took 2 hours to complete. The complete draw is attached. Teams were divided into 10 broadly geographic groups although I notice Corsican teams appearing in three groups included one group centred on Paris.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Oct 27, 2016, 12:55 PM)
Attachments: COUPE DE FRANCEround7.pdf (84.0 KB)

Barbie
First Team Regular

Oct 27, 2016, 1:56 PM

Post #57 of 134 (23190 views)
Shortcut

I'm not sure if Dahlenheim should be pleased with that draw or not.

PaulC

Oct 27, 2016, 5:08 PM

Post #58 of 134 (23143 views)
Shortcut

IN addition to the disputed match in Caledonie, one Round 6 tie in the Ligue de Normandie is being investigated.

St Nicolas d'Aliermont defeated Caudebec 2-1 but there were scuffles near the end of the match involving players and supporters.

Reports say a Caudebec player threw a water bottle into the crowd and was then subjected to racist insults. There then followed scuffles, with players going into the crowd. Three red cards were issued and 8 police vehicles raced to the ground.

There appear to be 3 possible outcomes from the enquiry

1 replay the match
2 confirm St Nicolas as winner
3 declare both teams 'losers'.

PaulC

Nov 5, 2016, 10:34 PM

Post #59 of 134 (19216 views)
Shortcut

The result of the final match in Nouvelle Caledonie is confirmed, following the appeal of Henghiene Sport. AS Magenta will entertain Pau FC in Round 7.

In Normandie both RC Caudebec and JS St Nicolas d'Aliermont have been thrown out of the competition following the events in the 116th minute of their Round 6 tie. Feignies (CFA2) qualify for Round 8. Three Caudebec players have been suspended.

The President of JSSNA says he is "scandalis�" by the decision to throw out his club. The club has appealed, with a hearing due on 7 November. If the outcome is unsatisfactory he says the club will take its case firstly to the FFF, then to the Comit� National Olympique et Sportif Fran�ais and ultimately to le Tribunal Administratif.

PaulC

Nov 8, 2016, 9:11 AM

Post #60 of 134 (17530 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Normandie both RC Caudebec and JS St Nicolas d'Aliermont have been thrown out of the competition following the events in the 116th minute of their Round 6 tie. Feignies (CFA2) qualify for Round 8. Three Caudebec players have been suspended.

The President of JSSNA says he is "scandalis�" by the decision to throw out his club. The club has appealed, with a hearing due on 7 November. If the outcome is unsatisfactory he says the club will take its case firstly to the FFF, then to the Comit� National Olympique et Sportif Fran�ais and ultimately to le Tribunal Administratif.

The Ligue de Normandie confirmed their decision to throw out both teams.

The blog of JSSNA's President, written after the original decision to expel his team had been made, is a wonder to behold, even though the facebook translation is rather dodgy:

https://www.facebook.com/...osts/541486372729013

PaulC

Nov 8, 2016, 12:16 PM

Post #61 of 134 (17494 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France - Round 7
Union Sportive de Chauny (Promotion d'Honneur, Picardie - Level 7) v Jeanne d'Arc de Drancy (CFA Group B, Level 4)
Parc Joncourt, Chauny
Sunday 13 November 2pm
Admission: 5 euros - tickets go on sale from Thursday

This will be the biggest test by far for US Chauny. JA Drancy are mid-table in CFA Group B, three levels above Chauny and have an impressive record in the Coupe de France. They are the only amateur club to reach the last 16 in successive seasons.

In 2010-2011 they were drawn at home to OGC Nice (Ligue 1) in the 1/8 final. With their own ground being unsuitable they were obliged to play at nearby Stade Marville, erstwhile home of Red Star and Paris FC. They lost 1-0 in front of a 5000 crowd.

The following season at the same stage they were drawn away to Gazelec Ajaccio (National) and lost 2-0. The local authority arranged for two aircraft to be chartered (Cost 76,000 euros) which were then heavily subsidised by local businesses etc allowing 300 supporters to make the trip to Corsica.

For the 120 km trip to Chauny, JAD are running two supporters' buses plus a team bus. Although it's not made clear it would appear that there is no charge for supporters. Instructions to the team, on the club website, include:

"Players must bring the club tracksuit, the club waterproof, a hat, a pair of gloves, a picnic and a snack."

JAD's route so far:

Round 4 (a) ES Guyancourt (Excellence, District de Yvelines, Level 9) 2-0
Round 5 (a) US Vaires (Promotion Honneur, Paris, Level 7) 2-0
Round 6 (h) v US Creteil Lusitanos (National, Level 3) 2-1

Chris1963

Nov 8, 2016, 4:34 PM

Post #62 of 134 (17428 views)
Shortcut

www.fff.fr is not yet showing the dates, kick-off times and venues for this weekend's Coupe de France fixtures. A very poor attitude.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Nov 8, 2016, 4:34 PM)

PaulC

Nov 8, 2016, 5:04 PM

Post #63 of 134 (17414 views)
Shortcut

Here we are (under results)

https://www.fff.fr/...1/derniers-resultats

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 8, 2016, 7:09 PM

Post #64 of 134 (17392 views)
Shortcut

They went up last Friday.

Fat AND Pompous.

Chris1963

Nov 8, 2016, 11:14 PM

Post #65 of 134 (17339 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Here we are (under results)

https://www.fff.fr/...1/derniers-resultats

Thanks, I must have been looking in the wrong place. They need to tidy up their site a bit anyway.

I had been hoping that ES Parisienne would be using their own ground but unfortunately their tie has been moved to the nearby Stade Bauer.

PaulC

Nov 10, 2016, 9:10 AM

Post #66 of 134 (17122 views)
Shortcut

A newspaper article about FC Luneville's trip to Martinique confirms that for overseas trips the FFF pays for the travel and accommodation of 20 people, of which 16 are players. Additional people travelling must be paid for by the club.

The article also states that to go into the Outre-Mer draw clubs must be CFA2 level or above and that all clubs are sounded out before the Round 6 draw.

http://www.estrepublicain.fr/sport/2016/11/09/football-comment-luneville-a-atterri-en-martinique-pour-son-7e-tour-de-la-coupe-de-france

(This post was edited by PaulC on Nov 10, 2016, 9:12 AM)

PaulC

Nov 13, 2016, 5:55 PM

Post #67 of 134 (16344 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France - Round 7

Union Sportive de Chauny 0-4 Jeanne d'Arc de Drancy

So farewell then US Chauny who exit the CdF, eliminated by CFA side JA Drancy. Chauny held out until the 65th minute before being uveoverwhelmed by their higher-ranked visitors.

The full results for Round 7 are attached. It was a disappointing weekend for the overseas clubs with only one side surviving.

Amongst the giantkillings were
Pontarlier (5) 2-0 Sochaux(2)
Istres (7) 3-2 Nimes (2) aet
Blagnac (6) 2-1 Beziers (3)
Villeneuve d'Ascq 2-0 Boulogne (3)
Saumur (6) 3-2 Tours (2)

The Round 8 draw takes place on Tuesday at 4.30 GMT and can be watched live at
http://www.foot-national.com/...-ce-mardi-90909.html

Photo from Chauny v Drancy
Tongue

(This post was edited by PaulC on Nov 13, 2016, 6:26 PM)
Attachments: coupe df7.docx (18.0 KB)

PaulC

Nov 14, 2016, 7:11 PM

Post #68 of 134 (16218 views)
Shortcut

The 88 qualifiers for Round 8

Of the Picardie entrants the sole survivors are
Chambly (3)
Roye Noyon (5)
Cheminots Longueau (7)

PaulC

Nov 15, 2016, 6:01 PM

Post #69 of 134 (16075 views)
Shortcut

Round 8 draw - ties due weekend of December 3
Group A

Pontivy GSI (Bretagne, 6) - Stade Brestois 29 (2)
Saint-Colomban Locmin� (Bretagne, 6) - Le Havre AC (2)
RC Rann�e-La Guerche-Rouge (Bretagne, 7) - Blois Foot 41 (5)
SO Choletais (4) - Stade Lavallois (2)
Vannes OC (5) - US Avranches MSM (3)
Stade Briochin (5) - La Berrichonne Ch�teauroux (3)
OFC Saumur (Atlantique, 6) - Vend�e Le Poir�e sur Vie Football (Atlantique, 6)
US Montagnarde Inzinzach Lochrist (Bretagne, 6) - US Granvillaise (4)

Group B
Limoges FC (5) - Vend�e Les Herbiers Football (3)
Gen�ts d�Anglet Football (5) - Chamois Niortais FC (2)
Jeanne d�Arc de Biarritz (Aquitaine, 6) - TVEC 85 Les Sables d�Olonne (Atlantique, 6)
Blagnac FC (Midi-Pyrenees, 6) - Red Star FC 93 (2)
Pouzauges R�aumur AC (Atlantique, 7) - Rod�o FC (5)
Pau FC (3) - Tarbes Pyr�n�es Football (4)
Balma SC (5) - Bergerac P�rigord FC (4)

Group C
Olympique Al�s en C�vennes (5) - Gazelec FC Ajaccio (2)
AS Forez Andr�zieux-Bouth�on (4) - Louhans-Cuiseaux FC (5)
FC Rh�ne-Vall�es (Rhone-Alpes, 6) - Clermont Foot 63 (2)
FA Le Cendre (Auvergne, 8) - EFC Fr�jus-Saint-Rapha�l (4)
GS Consolat Marseille (3) - Hy�res FC (4)
AS Frontignan AC (Languedoc-Rous., 6) - CA Bastia (3)
Istres FC (Mediterranee, 7) - Rodez Aveyron Football (4)

Group D
Olympique Saint-Marcellin (Rhone-Alpes, 7) - ESTAC Troyes (2)
Viry-Ch�tillon ES (4) - ASM Belfort FC (3)
UF Belleville Saint-Jean d�Ardi�res (Rhone-Alpes, 7) - Besan�on FC (5)
Fleury 91 FC (4) - Lyon Duch�re AS (3)
Cluses Scionzier FC (Rhone-Alpes, 6) - AJ Auxerre (2)
CA Pontarlier (5) - Grenoble Foot 38 (4)
Hauts Lyonnais (Rhone-Alpes, 6) - SC Selong�en (5)

Group E
Sainte-Genevi�ve Sports (5) - US Roye-Noyon (5)
Stade Portelois (Nord-Pas de Calais, 6) - AC Ajaccio (2)
L�Ern�enne (Maine, 8) - US Quevilly-Rouen M�tropole (3)
Le Mans FC (5) - FC Chambly Thelle (3)
ES Wasquehal (4) - RC Lens (2)
US Alen�onnaise 61 (Basse Normandie, 6) - Jeanne d�Arc Drancy (4)
ES Cheminots Longueau (Picardie, 7) - Croix Football Iris Club (4)

Group F
Villeneuve d�Ascq M�tropole (Nord-Pas de Calais, 7) - Stade de Reims (2)
SR Kaysersberg (Alsace, 9) - Entente Feignies Aulnoye FC (5)
AS Prix-les-M�zi�res (5) - US Maubeuge (5)
Sarreguemines FC (5) - Valenciennes FC (2)
FC Lun�ville (5) - Jarville Jeunes Section Football (Lorraine, 6)
CS Sedan Ardennes (3) - SAS Football �pinal (3)
US Sarre Union (5) - RC Strasbourg (2)

Outre-mer
Excelsior St Joseph (R�union, 6) - FC Mulhouse (4)

2 - Ligue 2
3 - National
4 - CFA
5 - CFA 2
6 - Division d'Honneur

PaulC

Nov 20, 2016, 10:18 AM

Post #70 of 134 (14736 views)
Shortcut

Round 8
Sunday 4 December, 1230 UTC
US Alen�onnaise 61 (Basse Normandie, 6) - Jeanne d�Arc Drancy (4)
Stade Jacques Fould, Rue Pierre de Coubertin, Alen�on

Drancy make the 225 km d�placement to the capital of the Orne d�partement in Normandy for this Round 8 tie. Alen�on has a population of 52,000.

The principal club in Alen�on was Club Sportif Alen�onais, reaching Division 3 in the 1980s. It got into financial difficulties in the 1990s and the whole omnisports club folded. The club history states that the amateur part of the club merged with another minor team, Etoile Alen�onnaise, to form the present club, starting off in Division 1 of the District Leagues.

The club rose to the Division d'Honneur in 2002 and CFA2 in 2005. They were relegated back to the Division d'Honneur at the end of 2010-11. This season, however, they currently top the Division d'Honneur of Basse-Normandie.

Their journey to Round 8 has been

Round 2 AS Berd Huis Football (a) 9-1
Round 3 US Randonnai Football (a) 6-2)
Round 4 FC Argencies (a) 5-0
Round 5 Agneaux FC (h) 3-2 aet
Round 6 US Ouvriere Normande Mondeville (a) 2-0 aet
Round 7 Ent S Bonchamp-les-Laval (a) 5-1

Stade Jacques Fould is a complex comprising the main pitch with a 500-seat stand and two additional pitches. All pitches are grass and all are floodlit. In addition there is a full size, floodlit synthetic pitch and 6 grass pitches and two synthetic pitches for 7-9 year olds.

PaulC

Nov 27, 2016, 12:51 PM

Post #71 of 134 (13095 views)
Shortcut

ES Wasquehal (4) - RC Lens (2)

Wasquehal are unable to find a suitable venue and the fixture has been reversed.

PaulC

Nov 29, 2016, 8:43 PM

Post #72 of 134 (12669 views)
Shortcut

Admisson to the stands 5 euros. Free admission to perimeter for under 12s.

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 29, 2016, 10:34 PM

Post #73 of 134 (12642 views)
Shortcut

The 64e de Final - even though there are only 44 matches.
We saw similar in the 16e de Final de Coupe de la Ligue, which had 10 matches.

Fat AND Pompous.

PaulC

Dec 4, 2016, 4:29 PM

Post #74 of 134 (11676 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France - Round 8
US Alen�onnaise 61 (Basse Normandie, 6) 1-1 Jeanne d�Arc Drancy (4) (3-4 pens)
Stade Jacques Fould, Rue Pierre de Coubertin, Alen�on (D�partement de l' Orne, Normandie)
Sunday 4 December, 1330 UTC

This was the final Round 8 match to be decided. A free supporters bus left Drancy at 10 am for the 2.30 pm kick off. Alen�on went ahead in the 77th minute from the penalty spot, with Drancy equalising in the 90+1 minute.

Alencon open the scoring:

https://twitter.com/...s/805428962256097282

The 10 Drancy supporters look less than gruntled.

Elsewhere, the final overseas representative, AS Excelsior St Joseph from R�union eliminated CFA side FC Mulhouse on penalties.

Other giantkillings included the 2-1 defeat of Valenciennes (Ligue 2) by CFA2 side Sarreguemines FC , the 1-0 defeat of Red Star (Ligue 2) by Blagnac from DH Midi-Pyrenees and the 1-0 victory of Istres (DHR Mediterranee) over Rodez (CFA).

The lowest ranked team, Kaysersberg (Level 9) went down 9-0 at home to Aulnoye. Istres (Level 7) are now the lowest ranked survivor.

The draw for the 1/32 finals takes places on Monday, from the Eiffel Tower. It is being broadcast live on fff.fr at 2000 UTC.

Round 8
Group A
Pontivy GSI (Bretagne, 6) 0-3 Stade Brestois 29 (2)
Saint-Colomban Locmin� (Bretagne, 6) 0-4 Le Havre AC (2)
RC Rann�e-La Guerche-Rouge (Bretagne, 7) 0-3 Blois Foot 41 (5)
SO Choletais (4) 0-1 Stade Lavallois (2)
Vannes OC (5) 1-2 US Avranches MSM (3)
Stade Briochin (5) 0-0 La Berrichonne Ch�teauroux (3) (1-3 pens)
OFC Saumur (Atlantique, 6) 0-2 Vend�e Le Poir�e sur Vie Football (Atlantique, 6)
US Montagnarde Inzinzach Lochrist (Bretagne, 6) 0-3 US Granvillaise (4)

Group B
Limoges FC (5) 0-1 Vend�e Les Herbiers Football (3)
Gen�ts d�Anglet Football (5) 0-0 Chamois Niortais FC (2) (4-5 pens)
Jeanne d�Arc de Biarritz (Aquitaine, 6) 3-2 TVEC 85 Les Sables d�Olonne (Atlantique, 6)
Blagnac FC (Midi-Pyrenees, 6) 1-0 Red Star FC 93 (2)
Pouzauges R�aumur AC (Atlantique, 7) 0-1 Rod�o FC (5)
Pau FC (3) 1-0 Tarbes Pyr�n�es Football (4)
Balma SC (5) 0-3 Bergerac P�rigord FC (4)

Group C
Olympique Al�s en C�vennes (5) 0-1 Gazelec FC Ajaccio (2)
AS Forez Andr�zieux-Bouth�on (4) 1-1 Louhans-Cuiseaux FC (5) (2-4 pens)
FC Rh�ne-Vall�es (Rhone-Alpes, 6) 0-5 Clermont Foot 63 (2)
FA Le Cendre (Auvergne, 8) 0-4 EFC Fr�jus-Saint-Rapha�l (4)
GS Consolat Marseille (3) 1-0 Hy�res FC (4) (aet)
AS Frontignan AC (Languedoc-Rous., 6) 0-2 CA Bastia (3)
Istres FC (Mediterranee, 7) 1-0 Rodez Aveyron Football (4)

Group D
Olympique Saint-Marcellin (Rhone-Alpes, 7) 0-2 ESTAC Troyes (2)
Viry-Ch�tillon ES (4) 1-0 ASM Belfort FC (3)
UF Belleville Saint-Jean d�Ardi�res (Rhone-Alpes, 7) 0-1 Besan�on FC (5)
Fleury 91 FC (4) 3-0 Lyon Duch�re AS (3)
Cluses Scionzier FC (Rhone-Alpes, 6) 1-4 AJ Auxerre (2)
CA Pontarlier (5) 0-1 Grenoble Foot 38 (4)
Hauts Lyonnais (Rhone-Alpes, 6) 0-0 SC Selong�en (5) (4-3 pens)

Group E
Sainte-Genevi�ve Sports (5) 1-0 US Roye-Noyon (5)
Stade Portelois (Nord-Pas de Calais, 6) 0-1 AC Ajaccio (2)
L�Ern�enne (Maine, 8) 0-3 US Quevilly-Rouen M�tropole (3)
Le Mans FC (5) 0-2 FC Chambly Thelle (3)
RC Lens (2) 2-0 ES Wasquehal (4) (tie transferred to Lens. Wasquehal could not provide suitable ground)
US Alen�onnaise 61 (Basse Normandie, 6) 1-1 Jeanne d�Arc Drancy (4) (3-4 pens)
ES Cheminots Longueau (Picardie, 7) 0-7 Croix Football Iris Club (4)

Group F
Villeneuve d�Ascq M�tropole (Nord-Pas de Calais, 7) 0-7 Stade de Reims (2)
SR Kaysersberg (Alsace, 9) 0-9 Entente Feignies Aulnoye FC (5)
AS Prix-les-M�zi�res (5) 3-1 US Maubeuge (5)
Sarreguemines FC (5) 2-1 Valenciennes FC (2)
FC Lun�ville (5) 3-1 Jarville Jeunes Section Football (Lorraine, 6)
SAS Football �pinal (3) 1-0 CS Sedan Ardennes (3) (FFF moved the fixture to Epinal because Sedan's pitch was frozen)
US Sarre Union (5) 0-1 RC Strasbourg (2)

Outre-mer
Excelsior St Joseph (R�union, 6) 1-1 FC Mulhouse (4) (3-0 pens)

(This post was edited by PaulC on Dec 4, 2016, 4:37 PM)

jrev61

Dec 4, 2016, 10:37 PM

Team(s): None

Post #75 of 134 (11609 views)
Shortcut

Although they are the lowest team left in the French Cup, Istres are a former Ligue 1 team, albeit only briefly.

jrev61

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 5, 2016, 5:43 AM

Post #76 of 134 (13159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I believe they are one of the teams that has suffered a financial meltdown.
Second division for both my visits in 1989 (Stade Bardin) and 2007 (Stade Parsemain)

Fat AND Pompous.

PaulC

Dec 5, 2016, 8:39 AM

Post #77 of 134 (13144 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I believe they are one of the teams that has suffered a financial meltdown.
Second division for both my visits in 1989 (Stade Bardin) and 2007 (Stade Parsemain)

They finished in a relegation place in Championnat National (level 3) in 2014-15 and because of financial issues they were relegated further. The intention was to relegate them to Level 6, Division d' Honneur, M�diterran�e, but the Ligue de M�diterran�e's own rules state that if a team is relegated from a national league (Levels 1-5) for financial reasons or because they wish to withdraw from the national leagues, they must replace their reserve team, which happened to be in Division d'Honneur R�gionale - Level 7.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Dec 5, 2016, 8:40 AM)

PaulC

Dec 5, 2016, 9:43 AM

Post #78 of 134 (13133 views)
Shortcut

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 5, 2016, 10:24 PM

Post #79 of 134 (13059 views)
Shortcut

Groupe A
US Avranches MSM (National) - Stade Lavallois (L2)
EA Guingamp (L1) - Le Havre AC (L2)
US Quevilly Rouen M�tropole (National) - Jeanne d�Arc Drancy (CFA)
Sainte-Genevi�ve Sports (CFA 2) - Stade Malherbe de Caen (L1)
Fleury M�rogis 91 FC (CFA) - Stade Brestois 29 (L2)
Vend�e Le Poir�-sur-Vie Football (DH) - Viry-Ch�tillon ES (CFA)
US Granvillaise (CFA) - Angers SCO (L1)
FC Lorient (L1) - OGC Nice (L1)

Groupe B
Vend�e les Herbiers Football (National) - Gaz�lec Football Club Ajaccio (L2)
La Berrichonne de Ch�teauroux (National) - Pau FC (National)
Blagnac FC (DH) - Chamois Niortais FC (L2)
Jeanne d�Arc de Biarritz (DH) - Stade Rennais FC (L1)
Bergerac P�rigord FC (CFA) - Rod�o Toulouse FC (CFA 2)
Toulouse FC (L1) - Olympique de Marseille (L1)
Blois Foot 41 (CFA 2) - FC Nantes (L1)
Clermont Foot 63 (L2) - FC Girondins de Bordeaux (L1)

Groupe C
AS Monaco (L1) - AC Ajaccio (L2)
Istres FC (DHR) - GS Marseille Consolat (National)
Grenoble Foot 38 (CFA) - Etoile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l FC (CFA)
Besan�on FC (CFA 2) - AS Nancy-Lorraine (L1)
Louhans-Cuiseaux FC (CFA 2) - Dijon FCO (L1)
Hauts Lyonnais (DH) - CA Bastia (National)
AJ Auxerre (L2) - ESTAC Troyes (L2)
Olympique Lyonnais (L1) - Montpellier H�rault SC (L1)

Groupe D
LOSC Lille (L1) - AS Excelsior Saint-Joseph (DH La R�union)
Sarreguemines FC (CFA 2) - Stade de Reims (L2)
AS de Prix-l�s-M�zi�res (CFA 2) - Entente Feignies Aulnoye FC (CFA 2)
Croix Football Iris Club (CFA) - AS Saint-Etienne (L1)
Paris Saint-Germain (L1) - SC Bastia (L1)
RC Lens (L2) - FC Metz (L1)
FC Lun�ville (CFA 2) - FC Chambly Thelle (National)
RC Strasbourg Alsace (L2) - SAS Football Epinal (National)

Fat AND Pompous.

PaulC

Dec 6, 2016, 12:01 PM

Post #80 of 134 (12985 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France - 1/32 Final
US Quevilly Rouen M�tropole (3) - Jeanne d�Arc Drancy (3)
Stade Robert Diochon, Rouen
Weekend 7 January

When I were a lad (tm) Quevilly were a quite magical team. 1967-68 was the year of my A Levels and in order to improve my French I generously made the offer to my parents that I would take out a subscription to France Football if they would pay for it. They fell for it.

Quevilly was a fiercely amateur club which, in 1968, reached the semi-finals of the Coupe de France, going down 2-1 in extra time to Bordeaux. And all the team were back at work the next morning. I read about their exploits in FF and listened to commentaries on the radio. Daniel Horlaville led the attack - the only amateur to play for the French national side since the Second World War.

By "Champions de France", they mean of course Champions de France Amateur. During their glory years 1953-69 they were champions of their CFA division (in those days level 3, not that there was automatic promotion) 10 times and French amateur champions 4 times.

Quevilly v Bordeaux
http://www.ina.fr/video/CAF97509281

Quevilly joined Division 2 when it was opened up to amateur clubs in the early 1970s but they took a big financial hit, dropped out of Division 2 and in 1978 were declared bankrupt.

A phoenix club rose from the ashes, starting at the bottom of the pyramid. By 2000 they had reached CFA2, climbing to the Championnat National in 2012.

In 2010 they reached the semi-finals of the Coupe de France, going down 1-0 to PSG and in 2012 they reached the final, losing 1-0 to Lyon, a club USQ had defeated in their 1968 run.

By 2015 they were several levels above Rouen's traditional top club FC Rouen and the two clubs got together. I have seen this described as a "rapprochement" not a "fusion" - a bringing together rather than a merger. FC Rouen still exist but US Quevilly-Rouen M�tropole now operates at the top level drawing on resources of both clubs. USQRM took over Quevilly's position in the pyramid and play at FC Rouen's Stade Robert Diochin. The lettering in the seats indicates the dual nature of the stadium.

So far as I can see there is no "US Quevilly" any more - just USQRM. The reserve team plays in CFA2 and whilst FC Rouen's first team plays in the Division d'Honneur. It's all a bit complicated but it seems to me the "rapprochement" gave US Quevilly access to the better infrastructure, especially the stadium, of FC Rouen. The lower level teams of USQRM play at Quevilly's old stadium the recently renamed Stade Michel Mutel.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 6, 2016, 1:20 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #81 of 134 (12973 views)
Shortcut

They actually made the National Division slightly earlier, winning promotion in 2010/11 and the following season a car load of us travelled over to watch them win 2-0 at Rouen in front of 4,956 which is a very good crowd for that league. Quevilly had just beaten Marseillle the previous midweek in the Coupe on their run to the final.
A day etched in the memory as villahopper uwittingly tucked into a horse-burger in the local pub before the game and we travelled without maps or satnav as I mistakenly thought my system had France in the satnav! Doubled up with a truly shocking game at Dieppe in the evening.

Chris1963

Dec 6, 2016, 4:10 PM

Post #82 of 134 (12946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

A day etched in the memory as villahopper uwittingly tucked into a horse-burger in the local pub

I fail to see the difference between eating a horse and a cow. If you're going to eat one you might as well eat the other.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 6, 2016, 4:46 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #83 of 134 (12930 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

A day etched in the memory as villahopper uwittingly tucked into a horse-burger in the local pub

I fail to see the difference between eating a horse and a cow. If you're going to eat one you might as well eat the other.

Groan - whatever! It wouldn't have been much of a story had I said that he'd unwittingly eaten a cow burger now would it. Maybe you had to be there but it was very funny.
I fail to see the difference between eating quorn and gravel myself but there you go.

Isaac

Dec 7, 2016, 10:55 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #84 of 134 (12763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Groan - whatever! It wouldn't have been much of a story had I said that he'd unwittingly eaten a cow burger now would it. Maybe you had to be there but it was very funny.
I fail to see the difference between eating quorn and gravel myself but there you go.

Have you actually eaten gravel then?

Barbie
First Team Regular

Dec 7, 2016, 11:10 AM

Post #85 of 134 (12757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can I just point out that gravel is suitable for vegans, whereas most Quorn products are not.

PaulC

Dec 8, 2016, 10:08 AM

Post #86 of 134 (12662 views)
Shortcut

The FFF has just put on sale online the first tranche of tickets for the Final! Prices range from 45-115 euros although they offer a "Pack Centenaire" of 5 tickets for seats in the "zone neutre" for 100 euros - 20 euros each!!

The next sales will be to "la Famille du Football" (whoever they might be) and supporters of the two finalists. The final round of sales, a few days before the final, will be to the general public.

Barbie
First Team Regular

Dec 13, 2016, 12:30 PM

Post #87 of 134 (12321 views)
Shortcut

fff.fr is listing the LOSC v Excelsior St Joseph (Reunion) as being on 7th Jan with a 3pm ko.
Nothing on the Lille website yet.
I'm sorely tempted.

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Dec 13, 2016, 2:27 PM

Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Post #88 of 134 (12289 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Hindus might see a difference.

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

PaulC

Dec 13, 2016, 2:35 PM

Post #89 of 134 (12285 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
fff.fr is listing the LOSC v Excelsior St Joseph (Reunion) as being on 7th Jan with a 3pm ko.
Nothing on the Lille website yet.
I'm sorely tempted.

By rights the game should be in Reunion since Excelsior is the lower ranked team. There must be special discrimination against overseas teams!

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 13, 2016, 3:09 PM

Post #90 of 134 (12275 views)
Shortcut

I believe Croix IC v St. Etienne will be at the same venue, different day

Fat AND Pompous.

PaulC

Dec 13, 2016, 5:55 PM

Post #91 of 134 (12252 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I believe Croix IC v St. Etienne will be at the same venue, different day

This tie is being played at Stadium Lille M�tropole (Villeneuve-d'Ascq).

PaulC

Jan 5, 2017, 6:01 PM

Post #92 of 134 (11684 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France - 9th Round (1/32 final)
US Quevilly-Rouen M�tropole (Championnat National, Level 3) v Jeanne d'Arc Drancy (CFA, Level 4)
Stade Robert Diochon, Rouen, Saturday 7 January, 5pm (UK time)

USQRM's progress

R5 Evreux Football Club 27 (CFA2, Level 5) a 2-1
R6 Amicale La�que Deville-Maromme (DH Normandia, Level 6) a 6-0
R7 Academie Football Bobigny (DH Paris, Level 6) a 2-1 aet
R8 Ern�enne Football (DRH Maine, Level 7) a 3-0

In France, Eurosport transmits all ties live via multiplex apart from the Sunday afternoon ties which are shown live by French channels.

Ties moved from the home club's usual venues seem to be those hosted by

Prix-les-Mezieres moved to Stade du Petit Bois (OFC Charleville)
Hauts Lyonnais moved to Stade Maurice Rousson (FC Echirolles)
Fleury 91 moved to Stade Robert Bonin (FSF Juvisy)
Croix Football IC moved to Stadium Lille M�tropole

Chris1963

Jan 6, 2017, 12:58 AM

Post #93 of 134 (11641 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Ties moved from the home club's usual venues seem to be those hosted by

Prix-les-Mezieres moved to Stade du Petit Bois (OFC Charleville)
Hauts Lyonnais moved to Stade Maurice Rousson (FC Echirolles)
Fleury 91 moved to Stade Robert Bonin (FSF Juvisy)
Croix Football IC moved to Stadium Lille M�tropole

I can add one more;

JA Biarritz v. Stade Rennais has been switched to the Biarritz rugby stadium. Coincidentally, this comes exactly ten years to the weekend after their near neighbours Bayonne switched their tie against Olympique Lyon to the Bayonne rugby stadium (I was there)

PaulC

Jan 8, 2017, 11:14 AM

Post #94 of 134 (11411 views)
Shortcut

US Quevilly-Rouen M�tropole (Championnat National, Level 3) 3-2 Jeanne d'Arc Drancy (CFA, Level 4)
Attendance 1,808

PaulC

Jan 8, 2017, 9:52 PM

Post #95 of 134 (11345 views)
Shortcut

1/32 final (Round 9) results
US Avranches MSM (National) 3-1Stade Lavallois (L2)
EA Guingamp (L1) 2-1 Le Havre AC (L2)
US Quevilly Rouen M�tropole (National) 3-2 Jeanne d�Arc Drancy (CFA)
Sainte-Genevi�ve Sports (CFA 2) 0-3 Stade Malherbe de Caen (L1)
Fleury M�rogis 91 FC (CFA) P-P Stade Brestois 29 (L2)
Vend�e Le Poir�-sur-Vie Football (DH) 3-1 Viry-Ch�tillon ES (CFA)
US Granvillaise (CFA) 1-2 Angers SCO (L1)
FC Lorient (L1) 2-1 OGC Nice (L1)
Vend�e les Herbiers Football (National) 4-3 Gaz�lec Football Club Ajaccio (L2)
La Berrichonne de Ch�teauroux (National) 4-1 Pau FC (National)
Blagnac FC (DH) 0-1 Chamois Niortais FC (L2)
Jeanne d�Arc de Biarritz (DH) 0-6 Stade Rennais FC (L1)
Bergerac P�rigord FC (CFA) 2-2 Rod�o Toulouse FC (CFA 2) (3-2 pwns)
Toulouse FC (L1) 1-2 Olympique de Marseille (L1) (aet)
Blois Foot 41 (CFA 2) 1-2 FC Nantes (L1)
Clermont Foot 63 (L2) 0-1 FC Girondins de Bordeaux (L1)
AS Monaco (L1) 2-1 AC Ajaccio (L2)
Istres FC (DHR) 1-3 GS Marseille Consolat (National) (aet)
Grenoble Foot 38 (CFA) 1-2 Etoile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l FC (CFA)
Besan�on FC (CFA 2) 0-3 AS Nancy-Lorraine (L1)
Louhans-Cuiseaux FC (CFA 2) 0-2 Dijon FCO (L1)
Hauts Lyonnais (DH) 0-0 CA Bastia (National) (3-4 pens)
AJ Auxerre (L2) 4-2 ESTAC Troyes (L2) (aet)
Olympique Lyonnais (L1) 5-0 Montpellier H�rault SC (L1)
LOSC Lille (L1) 4-1 AS Excelsior Saint-Joseph (DH La R�union)
Sarreguemines FC (CFA 2) 2-1 Stade de Reims (L2)
AS de Prix-l�s-M�zi�res (CFA 2) P-P Entente Feignies Aulnoye FC (CFA 2)
Croix Football Iris Club (CFA) 1-4 AS Saint-Etienne (L1)
Paris Saint-Germain (L1) 7-0 SC Bastia (L1)
RC Lens (L2) 2-0 FC Metz (L1)
FC Lun�ville (CFA 2) P-P FC Chambly Thelle (National)
RC Strasbourg Alsace (L2) 4-2 SAS Football Epinal (National) (aet)

1/16 Final draw - 31 January/1 February
US Quevilly Rouen M�tropole (National) - GS Marseille Consolat (National)
Etoile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l FC (CFA) - AS de Prix-l�s-M�zi�res (CFA 2) or Entente Feignies Aulnoye FC (CFA 2)
Vend�e Le Poir�-sur-Vie Football (DH) - RC Strasbourg Alsace (L2)
Olympique de Marseille (L1) - Olympique Lyonnais (L1)
Stade Rennais FC (L1) - Paris Saint-Germain (L1)
Sarreguemines FC (CFA 2) - Chamois Niortais FC (L2)
CA Bastia (National) - AS Nancy-Lorraine (L1)
Vend�e les Herbiers Football (National) - En Avant Guingamp (L1)
LOSC Lille (L1) - FC Nantes (L1)
La Berrichonne de Ch�teauroux (National) - FC Lorient (L1)
US Avranches-Mont St Michel (National) - Fleury M�rogis 91 FC (CFA) or Stade Brestois 29 (L2)
FC Girondins de Bordeaux (L1) - Dijon FCO (L1)
Bergerac P�rigord FC (CFA) - RC Lens (L2)
AJ Auxerre (L2) - AS Saint-Etienne (L1)
FC Lun�ville (CFA 2) or FC Chambly Thelle (National) - AS Monaco (L1)
Angers SCO (L1) - Stade Malherbe de Caen (L1)

PaulC

Jan 9, 2017, 9:46 AM

Post #96 of 134 (11282 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
US Quevilly-Rouen M�tropole (Championnat National, Level 3) 3-2 Jeanne d'Arc Drancy (CFA, Level 4)
Attendance 1,808

The goals, including a hat trick for USQRM's Mehdy Guezoui - http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/...-finale-1170027.html

PaulC

Jan 9, 2017, 2:51 PM

Post #97 of 134 (11239 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

1/16 Final draw - 31 January/1 February
US Quevilly Rouen M�tropole (National) - GS Marseille Consolat (National)

USQRM's opponents in the next round - Group Sportif Consolat - have taken over from Endoume as Marseille's second club.

The club was formed in 1964 and takes its name from the Consolat district in the north of the city. In 2015-16 they missed out on promotion to Ligue 2 by one point.

Their results in this season's competition have been:

Round 5 US Plan de Grasse (District, Cote d'Azur , level 8) (a) 3-2
Round 6 USM Endoume Catalans (Ligue M�diterran�e, Level 6) (a) 2-1
Round 7 Cote Chaude Sportif St Etienne (Ligue, Rhone-Alpes, level 6) (a) 2-0
Round 8 Hyeres FC (CFA, Level 4) (h) 1-0
Round 9 Istres FC (Ligue M�diterran�e, Level 7) (a) 3-1

They play at Stade La Martine, to the northe of Consolat. For a National Championnat ground it is rather basic with a stated capacity of 2000.

PaulC

Jan 14, 2017, 10:12 PM

Post #98 of 134 (10975 views)
Shortcut

Remaining 1/32 final results

Fleury M�rogis 91 FC (CFA) v Stade Brestois 29 (L2) 18 January
AS de Prix-l�s-M�zi�res (CFA 2) 2-1 Entente Feignies Aulnoye FC (CFA 2)
FC Lun�ville (CFA 2) 0-2 FC Chambly Thelle (National)

PaulC

Jan 19, 2017, 10:12 PM

Post #99 of 134 (10651 views)
Shortcut

Fleury M�rogis 91 FC (CFA) 2-0 Stade Brestois 29 (L2) 18 January

PaulC

Jan 23, 2017, 11:28 AM

Post #100 of 134 (10359 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Fleury fielded a player for the last few minutes of the match who was not listed on the team sheet.

Brest said they would not appeal since it was against "the spirit and charm" of the Coupe de France and wished Fleury well in the next round.

However, the FFF has stepped in and is investigating the events. Fleury may still be thrown out.

PaulC

Jan 26, 2017, 9:19 AM

Post #101 of 134 (11127 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Fleury fielded a player for the last few minutes of the match who was not listed on the team sheet.

Brest said they would not appeal since it was against "the spirit and charm" of the Coupe de France and wished Fleury well in the next round.

However, the FFF has stepped in and is investigating the events. Fleury may still be thrown out.

Fleury been allowed to progress to the next round by the FFF despite fielding an ineligible player. The FFF stated Brest's "very sporting attitude" in not appealing weighed heavily with them.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Jan 26, 2017, 9:20 AM)

PaulC

Jan 26, 2017, 9:29 AM

Post #102 of 134 (11124 views)
Shortcut

Non-standard venues for the 1/16 round

FC Chambly Thelle - AS Monaco - Stade Pierre Brisson (AS Beauvais)
CA Bastia - AS Nancy Lorraine - Stade Ange Casanova (GFC Ajaccio)

Chris1963

Jan 26, 2017, 3:56 PM

Post #103 of 134 (11073 views)
Shortcut

Bergerac FC Perigord v. RC Lens has been switched to the Bergerac rugby stadium.

Bit baffling as to why CA Bastia are having to travel all the way to Ajaccio rather than using the SC Bastia ground.

PaulC

Jan 26, 2017, 5:07 PM

Post #104 of 134 (11053 views)
Shortcut

CAB's site says they warmly thank their Gazelec friends for their speedy reply and welcome. Reading between the lines it's possible relations between CAB and SCB aren't quite as cordial.

CAB had to move because they have a seating capacity of 400 whereas 450 seats are necessary at this stage of the competition.

Chris1963

Jan 27, 2017, 4:11 PM

Post #105 of 134 (10944 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
CAB's site says they warmly thank their Gazelec friends for their speedy reply and welcome. Reading between the lines it's possible relations between CAB and SCB aren't quite as cordial.

Stadiums in France are owned by the local councils so it should have been possible for CAB to appeal directly to the municipality rather than the SC Bastia. Local authorities have the power to close stadiums even if it just a routine matter, such as the pitch is unfit. Fleury 91's home tie in the last round was postponed because it was the local council (as opposed to a local or match referee) who had declared the pitch unfit.

PaulC

Jan 31, 2017, 11:24 PM

Post #106 of 134 (10631 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France - 1/6 Final
US Quevilly Rouen M�tropole (3) 3-0 GS Consolat (3)
Attendance: 3,362

Ultimately a straightforward win for USQRM against Consolat, who were reduced to 10 men after just 4 minutes. The first goal was scored in the 66th minute, followed quickly by a second goal and the final goal coming in added time.

In the remaining matches played this evening Bergerac provided the biggest surprise with a win over RC Lens

Vend�e Le Poir�-sur-Vie Football (DH) 0-1 RC Strasbourg Alsace (L2)
Olympique de Marseille (L1) 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (L1) (aet)
Sarreguemines FC (CFA 2) 0-3 Chamois Niortais FC (L2)
LOSC Lille (L1) 1-0 FC Nantes (L1)
La Berrichonne de Ch�teauroux (National) 2-3 FC Lorient (L1) (aet)
FC Girondins de Bordeaux (L1) 2-1 Dijon FCO (L1)
Bergerac P�rigord FC (CFA) 2-0 RC Lens (L2)

Wednesday's ties
Etoile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l FC (CFA) - AS de Prix-l�s-M�zi�res (CFA 2)
FC Chambly Thelle (National) - AS Monaco (L1)
US Avranches-Mont St Michel (National) - Fleury M�rogis 91 FC (CFA)

PaulC

Jan 31, 2017, 11:24 PM

Post #107 of 134 (10631 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France - 1/6 Final
US Quevilly Rouen M�tropole (3) 3-0 GS Consolat (3)
Attendance: 3,362

Ultimately a straightforward win for USQRM against Consolat, who were reduced to 10 men after just 4 minutes. The first goal was scored in the 66th minute, followed quickly by a second goal and the final goal coming in added time.

In the remaining matches played this evening Bergerac provided the biggest surprise with a win over RC Lens

Vend�e Le Poir�-sur-Vie Football (DH) 0-1 RC Strasbourg Alsace (L2)
Olympique de Marseille (L1) 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (L1) (aet)
Sarreguemines FC (CFA 2) 0-3 Chamois Niortais FC (L2)
LOSC Lille (L1) 1-0 FC Nantes (L1)
La Berrichonne de Ch�teauroux (National) 2-3 FC Lorient (L1) (aet)
FC Girondins de Bordeaux (L1) 2-1 Dijon FCO (L1)
Bergerac P�rigord FC (CFA) 2-0 RC Lens (L2)

Wednesday's ties
Etoile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l FC (CFA) - AS de Prix-l�s-M�zi�res (CFA 2)
FC Chambly Thelle (National) - AS Monaco (L1)
US Avranches-Mont St Michel (National) - Fleury M�rogis 91 FC (CFA)

PaulC

Feb 2, 2017, 12:21 PM

Post #108 of 134 (10491 views)
Shortcut

Wednesday's ties

Picardie's final representative, Chambly, went down, but not without a fight, to Ligue 1 Monaco. Chambly were 3-0 down after 48 minutes and a last minutes equaliser levelled the scores at 3-3. Despite Monaco losing a man to a red card they scraped through 5-4 after extra time.

Result of the evening was CA Bastia's win over Nancy. The 1/8th final draw takes place later today.

Etoile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l FC (CFA) 1-0 AS de Prix-l�s-M�zi�res (CFA 2)
Stade Rennais FC (L1) 0-4 Paris Saint-Germain (L1)
AJ Auxerre (L2) 3-0 AS Saint-Etienne (L1) (aet)
FC Chambly Thelle (National) 4-5 AS Monaco (L1) (aet)
Angers SCO (L1) 3-1 Stade Malherbe de Caen (L1)
US Avranches-Mont St Michel (National) 1-0 Fleury M�rogis 91 FC (CFA)
CA Bastia (National) 2-0 AS Nancy-Lorraine (L1)
Vend�e les Herbiers Football (National) 1-2 En Avant Guingamp (L1) (aet)

PaulC

Feb 3, 2017, 7:59 PM

Post #109 of 134 (10354 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France - 1/8th Final - 28 February
Frejus (CFA) - AJ Auxerre (L2)
Bergerac (CFA) - Lille (L1)
Quevilly-Rouen (National) - Guingamp (L1)

Marseille (L1) - Monaco (L1)
Bordeaux (L1) - Lorient (L1)
CA Bastia (National) - Angers (L1)
Niort (L2) - PSG (L1)
Avranches (National) - Strasbourg (L2)

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 4, 2017, 10:33 AM

Post #110 of 134 (10281 views)
Shortcut

So as in England, half the last 16 were top division (or potentially were top division), but in this case there are two all Ligue 1 games.
I see the lower division team is at home in all cases, is this by design or draw? I have not followed to see what the rules are at this stage, or with only one division difference between the clubs

Three Ligue 2, three National and two CFA teams make up the 16.

Fat AND Pompous.

PaulC

Feb 4, 2017, 11:09 AM

Post #111 of 134 (10269 views)
Shortcut

Yes, the rule applies throughout the competition that where there is a difference of two or more levels between the teams the lower-ranked team is the home team.

PaulC

Feb 6, 2017, 11:55 AM

Post #112 of 134 (10064 views)
Shortcut

A look at USQRM's opponents in the 1/8th final.

Guingamp is a small town in northern Brittany. The town has a population of a little over 7,000 yet En Avant de Guingamp play in their 18,000 capacity Stade Roudourou.

For most of their life EAG's achievements were modest, never playing in the top level of amateur football - the CFA.

In 1970 the youth team reached the quarter finals of the national competition - the Coupe Gambardella - and this triggered the clubs rise to prominence.In 1972-73, whilst still playing in the second level of Breton football (DSR) they defeated four Division 2 sides on a cup run which took them to the 1/8th finals. The team was largely made up of the youth team which had previously done so well in the Coupe Gambardella

Video of the club's 1972-73 adventures with good shots of the stadium as it was at the time

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3l7uh2

There followed four promotions in 4 years, with EAG participating in Division 2 for the first time in 1977-78. Tbey adopted professional status in 1984.

EAG consolidated in D2 before they dropped down to D3 at the end of 1992-93. It was a brief stay as they were immediately promoted back to D2 and the following season they were promoted again, playing in Division 1 for the first time in 1995-96.

They spent much of the 2000s in Ligue 2, dropping down to the third level in 2010, but since then they have rallied and have been in the top division since 2013.

They have an impressive recent pedigree in the Coupe de France, finishing runners up in 1997 and winning the competition in 2009 and 2014.

Chris1963

Feb 7, 2017, 11:41 PM

Post #113 of 134 (9901 views)
Shortcut

Wonderful video, although the stadium that appears at approx 4 minutes 10 seconds is clearly a different one from that the club currently uses, and is too hemmed in by housing to have been expanded. In fact I clearly recall walking past a ground of about the same size (although I think it had a more modern stand) on my way to tick Guingamp at their current ground in 1995. I walked along a street behind one goal, possibly the same end as can be seen to the right of the camera.

PaulC

Feb 8, 2017, 12:28 AM

Post #114 of 134 (9886 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Wonderful video, although the stadium that appears at approx 4 minutes 10 seconds is clearly a different one from that the club currently uses, and is too hemmed in by housing to have been expanded. In fact I clearly recall walking past a ground of about the same size (although I think it had a more modern stand) on my way to tick Guingamp at their current ground in 1995. I walked along a street behind one goal, possibly the same end as can be seen to the right of the camera.

I've a two volume 'Dictionnaire Historique des clubs de football francais' (highly recommended) which says EAG purchased the "terrain de Montbareil" in 1966 for 113,000F, having played there for several decades. It says that in 1984 they decided to build a 'vrai' stadium on the munipical 'terrain de Roudourou". The last match played at Montbareil was in 1989-90. Roudourou, with a capacity of 12,000 cost 18.5 million F and the first match there ended in a 1-0 win against PSG.

I'm trying to work out when I passed by the new stadium in Guingamp and it must have been 1995 +/- 1 year, en route to St Malo from southern Brittany,

dottirofhod

Feb 8, 2017, 1:41 AM

Post #115 of 134 (9871 views)
Shortcut

You certainly wouldn't have walked past old ground on way to new one.
Went both in approx 1985 & 1995.

Records not to hand, but old ground was about a mile and a half due North of railway station whereas the new ground about mile and a half North West.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Feb 8, 2017, 1:42 AM)

Chris1963

Feb 8, 2017, 3:50 PM

Post #116 of 134 (9755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Maybe not if in a hurry to get to the match, but I am sure that I arrived in the town early so I would have had the opportunity to look at the old one to pass the time.

PaulC

Feb 8, 2017, 8:18 PM

Post #117 of 134 (9695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Wouldn't that depend on where he started his journey?

PaulC

Feb 8, 2017, 8:33 PM

Post #118 of 134 (9691 views)
Shortcut

I see EAG reserves still use the old stadium at Montbareil.

dottirofhod

Feb 9, 2017, 1:47 AM

Post #119 of 134 (9644 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Wouldn't that depend on where he started his journey?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How remiss of me not to consider Mr Ashbridge may not have been beginning his journeyfromt the SNCF station.

Also not aware he liked to visit old grounds , something I will not do or indeed new ones before the day. Can think of better things to sightsee.
Yes the old ground is still used by the club or was till end of last season = last game on June 5, 2016 =
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv0zSFcV1yU

Could that have become this for this season =
The second available video is best = http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...ojet-de-formation%2f

dottirofhod

Feb 9, 2017, 1:53 AM

Post #120 of 134 (9643 views)
Shortcut

10/08/1985 - Guingamp 3 v Lorient 0. Att 7,500.

15/10/1994 Guingamp 2 v Amiens 0. Att 3,500.

Saw them as well in last round of cup at Les Herbieres Vendee. Slightly lucky to come away with a win, I was expecting penalties.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 9, 2017, 10:45 AM

Post #121 of 134 (9585 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Coupe de France - 1/8th Final - 28 February
Frejus (CFA) - AJ Auxerre (L2)
Bergerac (CFA) - Lille (L1)
Quevilly-Rouen (National) - Guingamp (L1)

Marseille (L1) - Monaco (L1)
Bordeaux (L1) - Lorient (L1)
CA Bastia (National) - Angers (L1)
Niort (L2) - PSG (L1)
Avranches (National) - Strasbourg (L2)

The dates and times have now been set https://www.fff.fr/...tv-des-8es-de-finale

Bergerac v LOSC is to be played in Libourne.

PaulC

Feb 28, 2017, 10:04 PM

Post #122 of 134 (8869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] La route du Stade de France - Coupe de France 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Coupe de France - 1/8th Final

28 February

�toile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l (CFA) 2-0 Association de la Jeunesse Auxerroise (L2)
Cercle Athl�tique Bastiais (National) 0-1 Angers Sporting Club de l'Ouest (L1) @GFC Ajaccio
FC Girondins de Bordeaux 2-1 FC Lorient-Bretagne Sud
1 March
Union sportive Quevilly-Rouen M�tropole (National) - En Avant de Guingamp (L1)
Olympique de Marseille (L1) - Association Sportive de Monaco (L1)
2 March
Chamois Niortais FC (L2) - Paris St-Germain FC (L1)
Union Sportive Avranches Mont Saint Michel (National) - Racing Club de Strasbourg Alsace (L2)
Bergerac P�rigord FC (CFA) - Lille Olympique Sporting Club Lille M�tropole (L1) @ Libourne

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 28, 2017, 11:11 PM

Post #123 of 134 (8846 views)
Shortcut

Niortais v PSG & Avranches v Strasbourg are on 1st March.

PaulC

Mar 2, 2017, 9:21 AM

Post #124 of 134 (8754 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France - 1/8th Final

28 February

�toile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l (CFA) 2-0 Association de la Jeunesse Auxerroise (L2)
Cercle Athl�tique Bastiais (National) 0-1 Angers Sporting Club de l'Ouest (L1) @GFC Ajaccio
FC Girondins de Bordeaux 2-1 FC Lorient-Bretagne Sud
1 March
Union sportive Quevilly-Rouen M�tropole (National) 1-2 En Avant de Guingamp (L1)
Olympique de Marseille (L1) 3-4 Association Sportive de Monaco (L1)
(aet, 2-2 90 mins)
Chamois Niortais FC (L2) 0-2 Paris St-Germain FC (L1)
Union Sportive Avranches Mont Saint Michel (National) 1-1 Racing Club de Strasbourg Alsace (L2) (6-5 pens)
2 March
Bergerac P�rigord FC (CFA) - Lille Olympique Sporting Club Lille M�tropole (L1) @ Libourne

PaulC

Mar 2, 2017, 11:22 AM

Post #125 of 134 (8737 views)
Shortcut

Union Sportive Quevilly-Rouen M�tropole (National) 1-2 En Avant de Guingamp (L1)
Attendance 8,000 - - "plein � craquer"

A missed penalty by USQRM on 50 minutes was the turning point. En Avant scored in the 59th and 61st minute, the first "after an incredible game billiards in front of the cage" before Quevilly scored a consolation goal in injury time.

Highlights (not sure what happened to the missed penalty)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbikFh4i3ww

PaulC

Mar 2, 2017, 10:39 PM

Post #126 of 134 (13397 views)
Shortcut

Final match of 1/8th Final

Bergerac 1-2 Lille

Bergerac equalised in the 90+1 minute, with Lille scoring the winner in the 90+3 minute.

PaulC

Mar 3, 2017, 8:42 PM

Post #127 of 134 (13330 views)
Shortcut

1/4 Final draw - 5 April

Angers v Bordeaux
Avranches v Paris St Germain
Monaco v Lille
Frejus St Raphael v Guingamp

PaulC

Mar 16, 2017, 9:25 AM

Post #128 of 134 (13007 views)
Shortcut

Coupe de France 1/4 Finals

4 April

18:00 �toile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l v En Avant de Guingamp at Cannes
21:00 Association Sportive de Monaco v Lille Olympique Sports Club

5 April
18:00 Angers Sporting Club de l'Ouest v Girondins de Bordeaux
21:00 US Avranches Mont-Saint-Michel v Paris Saint-Germain at Caen

A look at Guingamp's opponents:

�toile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l FC was formed in 2009 from the merger of neighbouring clubs �toile Sportive Fr�jus and Stade Saint-Rapha�l. The two towns form a conurbation on the C�te d'Azur with a combined population of around 85,000.

The team plays in the Championnat de France Amateur, the fourth level of French football, having been relegated from the Championnat National at the end of last season.

Their home ground until 2015 was Stade Pourcin in Fr�jus. Following the Malpasset dam disaster in 1959 which resulted in 423 deaths Real Madrid gifted the town a new grandstand for the stadium.

Stade Pourcin

The stadium had a capacity of 3,500 and EFSR played their last game there in 2015 after the local authority announced it was to be demolished and replaced by a new stadium. In the meantime the club plays its matches at Stade Louis-Hon in Saint-Rapha�l. Its capacity of 3,000 makes it unsuitable for hosting a quarter final tie in the Coupe de France. Consequently the tie will be played 25 miles away at AS Cannes' Stade Pierre de Coubertin.

Stade Louis Hon

The club's progress in the Coupe de France
Round 4 v SC Toulon (Level 4) 2-1 (a)
Round 5 v US Le Pontet 2-0 (Level 4) (a)
Round 6 v Marignane Gignac FC 3-0 (Level 4) (h)
Round 7 v F Bourg en Bresse Peronnas 01 (Ligue 2) 3-1 (h)
Round 8 v Fraternelle Amicale Le Cendre (Level 8) 4-0 (a)
1/32 final v Grenoble Foot 38 (Level 4) 2-1 (a)
1/16 final v AS Prix les Mezieres (Level 5) 1-0 (h)
1/8 final v AJ Auxerre (Ligue 2) 2-0 (h)

History of the clubs forming EFSR.

Etoile Sportive de Fr�jus was formed in 1942. They were champions of Divison Honneur M�diterran�e in 1986, of National Division 4 in 1991 and of Groupe Sud of CFA in 1994. They reached the 1/32 final of the Coupe de France in 2001 and 2008.

Stade St-Rapha�l was formed in 1905. Pre-WWI they were champions of the C�te d'Azur region of USFSA (Union des Soci�t�s Fran�aises de Sports Athl�tiques) on six occasions. USFSA was the governing body of all French sports and pre-dated the FFF. They were champions of France in 1912, defeating Association Sportive Fran�aise in Paris (the championship was a knockout tournament featuring the regional champions).

They were semi-finalists in the Coupe de France in 1927 and 1929 and quarter-finalists in 1928 and 1930.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Mar 16, 2017, 9:28 AM)

PaulC

Apr 5, 2017, 5:14 PM

Post #129 of 134 (12678 views)
Shortcut

1/4 finals

�toile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l 0-1 En Avant de Guingamp at Cannes
Association Sportive de Monaco 2-0 Lille Olympique Sports Club

5 April
18:00 Angers Sporting Club de l'Ouest v Girondins de Bordeaux
21:00 US Avranches Mont-Saint-Michel v Paris Saint-Germain at Caen

Guingamp reach their third semi-final in four years with a narrow win in Cannes. The only goal was scored in the 50th minute.

Attendance: 6,000

Highlights; http://www.letelegramme.fr/...127eba7e9#closePopUp

PaulC

Apr 6, 2017, 6:47 PM

Post #130 of 134 (12577 views)
Shortcut

1/4 finals
Angers Sporting Club de l'Ouest 2-1 Girondins de Bordeaux
US Avranches Mont-Saint-Michel 0-4 Paris Saint-Germain at Caen

Semi-final draw (25/26 April)
Angers v Guingamp
Monaco v Paris SG

PaulC

Apr 6, 2017, 7:29 PM

Post #131 of 134 (12568 views)
Shortcut

As is often the case in the Coupe de France when a big club plays a smaller one, PSG handed over to Avranches their share of the match receipts - 200,000 euros.

PaulC

Apr 27, 2017, 12:31 PM

Post #132 of 134 (8848 views)
Shortcut

Semi-finals
Sporting Club de l'Ouest Angers 2-0 En Avant de Guingamp (15,540)
Paris-St Germain 5-0 Association Sportive Monaco

Final (27 May
Angers v PSG

PaulC

May 28, 2017, 9:26 AM

Post #133 of 134 (6803 views)
Shortcut

Final

Paris St Germain 1-0 SCO Angers
Stade de France, Paris

The only goal of the match was an own goal, scored in the 90+2 minute.

The season's summary

Round 1 � 21/8 Montescourt CS 1-1 FC Lesdins (5-3 penalties)
Round 2 - 28/8 CS Montescourt 1-3 US Chauny
Round 3 - 10/9 US Chauny 4-1 CS Liancourt Rantigny
Round 4 - 25/9 SAS Mo�-de-l'Aisne 1-2 US Chauny
Round 5 - 9/10 US Chauny 1-0 SC Abbeville
Round 6 - 23/10 US Guignicourt 1-2 US Chauny aet
Round 7 - 13/11 Union Sportive de Chauny 0-4 Jeanne d'Arc de Drancy
Round 8 - 4/12 US Alen�onnaise 61 1-1 Jeanne d�Arc Drancy (3-4 pens)
1/32 final -7/1 US Quevilly-Rouen M�tropole 3-2 Jeanne d'Arc Drancy
1/16 final - 31/1 US Quevilly Rouen M�tropole 3-0 GS Consolat
1/8 final - 1/3 Union sportive Quevilly-Rouen M�tropole 1-2 En Avant de Guingamp
1/4 final - 4/4 �toile Fr�jus Saint-Rapha�l 0-1 En Avant de Guingamp (a Cannes)
1/2 Final 26/4 Sporting Club de l'Ouest Angers 2-0 En Avant de Guingamp
Final - 27/5 Paris St Germain 1-0 SCO Angers (Stade de France)

leohoenig
Administrator

May 28, 2017, 10:24 AM

Post #134 of 134 (6792 views)
Shortcut

So endeth the Centenary Season of the Coupe de France, with the cup presented for the 99th time

Fat AND Pompous.

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3