Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Finchfan87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
would this be considered acceptable backlight bleed? just got a 2012 cMBP with an anti glare screen. i would return it but dont want to get anything any worse. if this is common, then im A ok.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,876

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
would this be considered acceptable backlight bleed? just got a 2012 cMBP with an anti glare screen. i would return it but dont want to get anything any worse. if this is common, then im A ok.

If you are not happy, take it back. You spent money on a high end machine. You can demand perfection.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
Any other opinions? Wouldn't this be considered as normal? This seems to be subtle in comparison to the others have posted especially on the rMBP.

weemanpow3

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2008
Looks a lot better than what mine looked like (link).

The backlight bleeding on the bottom looks about the same as what I had.

Bottom line, send it back for a refund and reorder another.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
Is that a solid black background? Looks more like a dark blue. If I were you I would exchange it only if it bothered you in regular light conditions or low light because it doesn't seem too severe compared to others. I only see a small bottom edge line of bleeding and it seems quite normal since searching for a perfect screen is almost impossible. I went through 8 rMBPs to receive a acceptable screen that had little or extremely minimal bleeding.

Blue604

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2012

this is my macbook pro retina. mine looks worse than urs?

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 286

Finchfan87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
Update

this is my macbook pro retina. mine looks worse than urs?

That doesn't look to bad to me. the kind of bleed you have is dark and might go away in a while. Do you notice it all the time? or only in black backrounds? Im going to Live with it as long as I can then go in and get the screen replaced. I only hope that If or when I do, I wont get a screen thats worse :/

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I thought yours is pretty bad until I saw Weeman's. Holy cow! How does that pass quality control? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.